Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
What devices support applications using PowerServer 2021? Is the device list different from previous versions of PowerServer?   Regards, Joe Hess...
Just want to make doubly sure before I run the install... Is it safe/possible to have PowerBuilder 2019 R2 and PowerBuilder 2021 both installed on the same workstation?...
Hi, Is it possible to run PowerServer 2021 applications on a server without internet access? I noticed 2 things in the documentation that indicates a runtime internet dependency. 1. Licensing. Access to the license server is required.Source: https...
Hello everyone, i've successfully built and deployed my pb2021 cloud app, then compiled the web api and everything worked fine on my local machine.Later i've tried to publish the PS web api to a remote web server configured on a windows 2016 server m...
I am getting a windows exception when I try to open any datawindow in the dw painter from the IDE running on terminal server on a  2008 winserver. What I did b4 the exception: I created new datawindow graph,  I saved the datawindow to the wrong PBL...
Hi, Where can I find a video or article that describes the steps and work me though the task of creating a pb app that use powerserver 2021 ?   Thanks Steen :-)...
Hello   Im developing in c# and working with pdf´s   Do anyone here know some dll´s or ide´s to compare between pdfs?  Compare one pdf with other that is ALMOST THE SAME? to get a some string or advice or another pdf with the diferences between t...
I have a small test project in SnapDevelop/R3 to test WebApi using SAP ASE database,  I have simple datawindow in my target. While converting this datawindow in SnapDevelop I am getting this error. Parsing 'd_all_tickets_contract (c:\dev\e-ticket\ti...
I'm testing out the PowerClient. Cool idea, but I'm struggling with performance. As an example, my invoice window pops right open when I run with PBDs. Using PowerClient, the window took almost 10 seconds to open the first time. Subsequent times, it ...
Hi team, I could not find any info regarding this. I am having issues opening the function painter prototype dropdown panel. When clicking on Show/Hide Prototype button on top right corner.. the prototype dropdown panel is not showing. It is happen...
Update:  18-AUG-2021   Here's one example of the expressions used in the various columns:IF ( bg_color = 1, RGB (147, 233, 240),       IF (bg_color = 2,  RGB (169, 228, 133),              IF (bg_color = 3, RGB (237, 192, 200), 553648127              ...
Hi, When periodically looking for reported issues that may be of importance, it seems like I miss good filtering or sorting options. The workflow would be that every x weeks you'd look at the bug-list and be able to sort the list to see what's new. ...
Hi,       We have recently setup the Power Client deployment process. Few Windows 10 users are getting the below error when the CAL setup the files in their system. Is there any settings from PB side or OS side we need to change.  It works fine in ...
I am trying to move a PowerBuilder process that is almost all Computational Business Logic.  I am starting from a Command Line Tool C# project rather than a WebServer (RestAPI) and have harvested over the Business Logic and Data Models, pretty well. ...
I have many word documents that have been saved as blobs via Column  (longbinary(max) "blob") to the DB (SQL Server 2012). Now I need to have the ability to search text in this Blob column (such I do with "like" in varchar column ) Need to be able t...
Hi, Working on modernizing a legacy application, and would like to make use of the UI themes. The app makes use of windows APIs to allow its response windows to be resizable ( SetWindowLong(), GetWindowLong() ). Upon applying the UI theme, the resiz...
Hello Appeon people, It appears that in PowerBuilder 2019 R2, ShareData will return -1 if you share the data back with the original dataobject that shared the data in the first place. I've put together and attached the exported source code for a Wi...
To all, is there anyone knew how to deploy custom fonts files such as AdvC39* into c:\windows\fonts\ folder? I knew we can include external files such as *.dll; picture files in the Powerserver project, while those files would be downloaded into cl...
Hi Team, I have some code in Power Builder 2019 R3, I am using a DataStore to import a tab delimited .TXT file, the file contains 51,647 records with 12 columns separated by tab, when I do the ImportFile it returns an error value -13889. The file si...
Wondering if anyone has a solution to an issue I'm having... I'm getting signature data from a pin pad in data-point format (not a bmp). I can graph this data using a graph datawindow and fill in the gaps to give the appearance of a solid line. The ...

There are no discussions available here currently