Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Update:  18-AUG-2021   Here's one example of the expressions used in the various columns:IF ( bg_color = 1, RGB (147, 233, 240),       IF (bg_color = 2,  RGB (169, 228, 133),              IF (bg_color = 3, RGB (237, 192, 200), 553648127              ...
Hi, When periodically looking for reported issues that may be of importance, it seems like I miss good filtering or sorting options. The workflow would be that every x weeks you'd look at the bug-list and be able to sort the list to see what's new. ...
Hi,       We have recently setup the Power Client deployment process. Few Windows 10 users are getting the below error when the CAL setup the files in their system. Is there any settings from PB side or OS side we need to change.  It works fine in ...
I am trying to move a PowerBuilder process that is almost all Computational Business Logic.  I am starting from a Command Line Tool C# project rather than a WebServer (RestAPI) and have harvested over the Business Logic and Data Models, pretty well. ...
I have many word documents that have been saved as blobs via Column  (longbinary(max) "blob") to the DB (SQL Server 2012). Now I need to have the ability to search text in this Blob column (such I do with "like" in varchar column ) Need to be able t...
Hi, Working on modernizing a legacy application, and would like to make use of the UI themes. The app makes use of windows APIs to allow its response windows to be resizable ( SetWindowLong(), GetWindowLong() ). Upon applying the UI theme, the resiz...
Hello Appeon people, It appears that in PowerBuilder 2019 R2, ShareData will return -1 if you share the data back with the original dataobject that shared the data in the first place. I've put together and attached the exported source code for a Wi...
To all, is there anyone knew how to deploy custom fonts files such as AdvC39* into c:\windows\fonts\ folder? I knew we can include external files such as *.dll; picture files in the Powerserver project, while those files would be downloaded into cl...
Hi Team, I have some code in Power Builder 2019 R3, I am using a DataStore to import a tab delimited .TXT file, the file contains 51,647 records with 12 columns separated by tab, when I do the ImportFile it returns an error value -13889. The file si...
Wondering if anyone has a solution to an issue I'm having... I'm getting signature data from a pin pad in data-point format (not a bmp). I can graph this data using a graph datawindow and fill in the gaps to give the appearance of a solid line. The ...
Hi all I need your help to set up a PBNative SCC at work I have one repository but when others connect to it, their objects still show a plus sign (+) next to them after refresh. Here are the steps I took to set it up. We are using PB 2017 R3 buil...
I finally identified the cause of the performance slowdown in both PBv12 and PB2019R3. The problem is the DBPARM option "DisableBind=1". Removing the DISABLEBIND=1 from the DBPARMS resolves the issue in both PBv12.1 and PB2019R3.   Solution: Ch...
Can PB handle a variable as a table name in embedded SQL?  Not sure how the TransObject could handle that.  Dynamically changing the table would cut down on some code in a global function. Select column Into :ls_column From :table_name Using SQLC...
Hi Team, 2 questions for help: 1. Is there PowerBuilder2021 function to get PS SessionID? I need log this session ID to DB table for analytic purpose; 2. When use below Powerscript SQL statement to insert table info directly, get below error messa...
Defect PSR file causes Powerbuilder to crash Hi Everyone, we have a defect PSR file that causes Powerbuilder to crash everytime i try to edit it How ro reproduce this: 1. Open the File "d_view_vlge_000000000001005451.psr" with Powerbuilder2. go t...
Hello, we are in the development/testing phase of a PB2019R3 app that we want to deploy with Powerclient.  We've run into our first case of a test user not being able to launch our app because of the antivirus software BitDefender on their laptop.  I...
Hi I have an PB 2019 thick client application (called menu) that shows a login screen - once the user logs in they are then presented with a screen on which there are three buttons that once clicked open three separate application exes.  The menu app...
PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Build 2703 I have an Azure Devops TFS source control containing the latest PowerBuilder 2017 source code. I have PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2703 migrated PBLs, containing a slighlty older version of the PB 2017 source code. I ...
PB2019R3, build 2703Windows 10 64bit platformThere's not much information in the HELP file about creating a 64 bit EXE, or if there is I missed it. Ditto for the Forums.1. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to create a 64 bit EXE using PB2019R3?2. ...
I have PB 2017 R3. Build 1858 (I think).   I modified some code in an object and set the breakpoint.   When I go into the debugger, the code that I modified is not there. It looks like it's an older version of the code. I tried removing the .bak...

There are no discussions available here currently