Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Dear Team, Can we use mouse well on Ribbon bar. based on mouse weel, navigate around category button.  ...
Hi, i am using PowerServer 2021 Developer included in my PB CloudPro. Installed an app and published on a remote web server (IIS) to test how it works. Everything working fine as expected, but i've noticed that sometimes (not so often but it happens...
Now we are ready to develop powerbuilder for appon software on windows 10 computers and run it on windows lot system. Is it okay? Or we want to know what are the limitations of various software developed by powerbuilder running on windows lot system?...
Hello: I was wondering if there was a way to programmatically capture the information on the Oracle Client a user connects to when running a PB application.   We are using PB 2017 (migrating to 2019 over the next 4-6 weeks).  We are implementing Or...
I am using STD Framework ( PB21 ) and have deployed application using PowerClient. Few Computers having windows 10 are raising exceptions as shown below:  OLE Error on object: 'ns_oleobject_master'OLE - Error Number: 35OLE - Error Text: Error calli...
Hello All,            I have migrated a PowerBuilder application for a client and I'm testing. The first screen that open is the logon screen that have a DropDownPictureListBox with the DB's settings. Using the PowerBuilder the DB show the image and...
I'm missing something very simple.  I do a GetChild on a dddw to filter the column.  The filter works fine except that for the first time, when I click on the column, the display changes to the code value of the current item, it does not retain the d...
Hi: In December of 2018 one of our developers migrated us to PB 2017 R3 build 1858.  For whatever reason he experienced some version issues. Now, almost 16 months later, I have at least two instances where the checkout date in the .prp reflects the...
Hi Everyone,   I have a script where I upload my excel file and read it using pb script  On my excel file this is how I display my date : WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 1, 2020 And this how I read it s_logdte = trim(string(myoleobject.application.workbooks(...
Hello, Does anyone provide PB/Appeon/SnapDevelop hands-on training to experienced PB developers in U.S.?...
Hi,   Is there any unit testing framework available for Appeon PowerBuilder?      Thanks & Regards, Jeyakumar...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi,  I have 3 databases that have a table that is the same structure   for example - customers which has fields account name type  info other   One is the master database by that i mean that it contains all the records the other 2 have a s...
Hi, is there any way to stop that constant IWAShell.exe prompt saying an "Update is available.  Install? Yes/No".    If I try Yes it installs but then prompts again!  As it's backwards compatible we are OK with not updating it.   We never want users...
Hi Guys We have a problem with mailResolveRecipient returning mailReturnFailure! This is code that is 20 years old has worked consistently forever. Clearly it is something environmental that is occurring but the symptoms are as follows: 1. Some us...
Hi Guys I'm installing the PB Runtime Packge MSI generated using PB2019R3 I'm using the following command for a silent installation: msiexec /qn /a "C:\Powersoft\LCIA_DC\PBCLTRT 19.2.0.2703.msi" /l* "C:\Powersoft\LCIA_DC\msilog.txt" The logfile h...
I migrated PB.7 to appeon 2019 . but I found funcky.dll have some function did not work .   for example . num to dollars function , it output unreadable characters.  would you have any advice    Willaim   public  subroutine  _num2dollars(ref st...
Hi, We're upgrading a legacy PB application to PowerServer 2021. In the application Handle(GetApplication()) = 0 is used to determine if the application is being run from the PB IDE. Unfortunately when running the new PowerServer project from the ...
Hello everyone; Please, could you provide me more details about where or how to configure "Connection Pooling"?. It also seems that the table to configure the timeout in different DBs would be missing in the documentation. https://docs.appeon.com/...
Hello, We installed a PowerServer 2020 in a server and deployed a mobile application there that connects to an Oracle database. It all worked correctly and our customer could begin to work with it. But some days later the mobile application began t...

There are no discussions available here currently