Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
With my latest instructions from Armeen, I am trying to test the Cloud App Launcher configured for multiple users on my local computer. I performed steps 1 - 4. On step 5, I briefly see a window flash on the screen, and then nothing happens. I was ab...
Appeon team,  The company I work for configured a remote IIS server for our PowerServer 2021 application.  Initially it worked on http.  When we moved it to https and added the SSL certificate we have, the following error occurs when attempting to r...
Hello, we have the following Problem in PB2019 and PB2021: We have a function which dynamically returns us a nonvisual Object based on a string. Choose Case as_Type Case "attrib_1" attrib_1 lnv_Attrib1 lnv_return = lnv_Attrib1 ...
Hi all, is there some better explanation about GetContextService ? Can I set some userdefined services for context? What is implementation of services? I'm currently looking for "ErrorLogging" service, is there way find out to where service will ...
Hello everybody, I'm facing a strange issue with PowerClient which I'm currently testing under PB 2021 build 1288. I previously made some tests with the beta without the same issue. The app is a very simple one consisting of a single window and 3 p...
I'm using a theme in my PowerBuilder App and applying the "drawing":true for the datawindows.  My question is: Can i have a datawindow with the property in the therme.json as drawing:false?   Can i have some exceptions for specific objecs ?...
Hello Appeon Team, We are currently on PB2017R3 with Git as source control. 2017R3 does not update PBG file, if you add or delete any object in PowerBuilder IDE which I have verified it. I also heard that Orca Script no longer look for PBG file for ...
PowerBuilder 2021 Hello, Once a datawindow has been created from a Stored Procedure Source, how does one go about adding a new column to that same datawindow after the Stored Procedure has been updated and a new column added to the result set? Is ...
Hello everyone, with some of our customers we cannot integrate applications, because they refuse to install the 3 requested DLLs from the 2010 Microsoft runtime package: msvcr100.dllmsvcp100.dllatl100.dll From our customers point of view there are...
Hi, we're trying to connect IBM DB2 Version 6.1 to PowerServer2020. We're referencing the installation guide for PS2020 and while it states that PS2020 can connect to IBM DB2 UDB 8.1, 8.2, 9.5 or 10 with IBM JDBC driver it doesn't really t...
Hi,   PB 2019 R2 using Window 10 1909   We have a PB app that makes a call to open a C# .NET XAML window. We intended the XAML window to be like a PB "Response" window type, but when that XAML window opens, the user can do an Alt-Tab back to the ...
Second question re: same project! Hi, We're using PB 2019 R2 build 2353, with an app running in Windows 10 1909. As expressed in a previous question, we have a PB app that makes a call to open a window built in C# .NET XAML. During data entry in t...
Hi Team, In my current project, we are using ZetaFax printer to print and fax the results, When the fax number is specified properly it is sending the fax properly. If the fax number is not provided then ZetaFax - Fax Wizard window is opening autom...
Hello, is there an option for PowerBuilder 2019 R3 to merge branches? (for example: merge a "development"-branch into the master-branch)? Since R3 it´s possible to create and switch branches via the PB-GUI but i haven´t found a GUI option for mergin...
Hello, how can i get the innerhtml and/or the inner text from a webbrowser Object? I Have tried this: this.navigate( "javascript: " + ls_innerhtml + " = document.documentElement.innerHTML; void 0;")   Kind Regards, Tom Holscher...
There is something weird happening in DW rowfocuschanged  event. I simply pass a key like dw1.retrieve(key) which works sometimes and sometimes not(compiled version). I do reset the dw before I pass the key. I have debugged and checked this several ...
Hi, We are aware that Appeon has announced the pending EOL of Appeon Mobile and Powerserver (PB Edition) from Powerbuilder 2021 and that developers will be advised to migrate code to C# APIs in order to leverage other mobile technologies going forwa...
Hello, Is there any way to bookmark few discussions that went on in this forum ?   Few discussion that we thought useful, could not retrieved or recollected later.  We feel that if there is a provision to bookmark few discussion(s) it will be better...
Hello, This has been bothering me for quite a while now. PowerBuilder editor does not seem to render W and M correctly when  they are followed by a space or punctuation. A part of the alphabet gets cut off. Uppercase or lowercase does not matter and...
Hello, PB 10.5 Application in Windows 7 SP1   -> Works fine. PB 10.5 Application in Windows 10 -> Running from IDE, when application closes PB (IDE) also closes. PB 10.5 Application Migrated to PB 11.5 in Windows 10 -> Running from IDE, w...

There are no discussions available here currently