Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi friends, I defined a global external function in my application.  Now, I'm creating a new application using most of the same libraries.  The Global Variables all carry over fine, but I'm having to re-create the Global External Function in every n...
Hello All - One of the requirements from my client is that he needs to restrict certain fields in a datawindow from being altered manually. He wants to have them populated using a scanner and disallow manual entry So, I did something like this in a...
Hi, We using tooltips in our datawindows, but for translation, we need to set them with modify. When run as desktop application, this works perfect, but deployed to the powerserver, no tooltip is showed. With describe, I see the properties are set, ...
My object browser recently crashed in the PowerBuidler IDE (2019 R3, build 2703). I don't remember the error message. The entire IDE locked up. I had to force it to close. Since then, whenever I try to open the object browser, nothing happens. The ID...
Hello,   I tried to install PB 2021 . During installation I got error: Installation finished sussessfully:   After restart of PC, I tried to rum PB IDE and got this error:   What could be problem of my installation?   Regards Tomaž ...
Hi all,   I have a question about the update feature of Powerclient. I have tested 'Update when connected' and 'Never Update' options for my application. When I try to open the application when the Host Server IIS is turned off I get a 404 error. W...
Hi all, I have this code in my app: tab_1.tabpage_detail.dw_detail.Object.labor_pozn.Font.Height = il_fonth This works ok when I run app from PB IDE or when I compile application using PB and then run exe. But when I compule it with pbc210.exe T...
Hi, About this Q&A forum. Lately, when using Google Chrome as a browser, with every click on anything, I'm being confronted with the https://www.appeon.com/privacy-statement.html page opening up. Logged in or not, it doesn't make a difference. W...
Dear Appeon team, I imported QR Code Generator DLL and successfully imported. But, While I read the function getting like error :-     Cammand button script --------------------------------- string text_string base64_blob qrcode_int aa qrc ...
Hello, Dev environment: PB2019 R3, v2670. I am having issues with zipping and unzipping files with both the compressor and extractor objects. The code runs successfully on my dev machine, but when I deploy to our test box, the unzipped files are no...
Hi PB 2017 R3 I have a datawondow object with a column in the edit form of radiobutton. In a group box, there are 4 possible options for the column's value. They are 'A', or 'B', or 'C', or 'D' I need to change the initial selected value to, say,...
Is PowerBuilder 2019 R3 2670 runtime officially supported to run on Windows Server 2019? Thanks, Chris Craft...
Hi Friends, If I don't have Cut/Copy/Paste/Undo in my menu structure with short-cuts (Ctrl-x, c, v, z), will they still work?  Is it just standard windows behaviour?  Looking for ways to simplify my menus. TIA,~~~Tracy...
Hello Appeon Group, In my organization, we maintain the use of industry's approved/licensed open source code. In order to do that we run OSS scan using one authorized tool "Protex". Since now this software is decommissioned. I would need help to und...
Hi, I'm trying to capture a thrown error from a delete trigger while using a datastore. The datastore seems to ignore it.   The trigger is simple: IF EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM table, deleted WHERE table.key=deleted.key) THROW 60000, 'Record may not b...
Hello,This works on my workstation where PB is installed.With customers, it does not work (exe+pbd+dll).Am I missing .dll's in my deployment?  oleObject PBObjectlong ll_result PBObject = CREATE oleObject ll_result = PBObject.ConnectToNewObject &am...
Powerbuilder IDE 19 R3 2728 crashes on building application randomly.   Any suggestions will be really appreciated. Also, on one of Windows 7 workstation, we are getting PBNI object error. On all other workstations with Windows 10, it is working f...
I have a deployed version of powerbuilder 2021 build 1288 and when accessing a calendar dropdown the application crashes with this error. I have these two functions in my code which call the user32.dll which is directly where the error message is po...
Hi, I am upgrading an application from Powerbuilder Classic 12.5 to Powerbuilder 2021 (build 1288). For me, the case statement malfunctions and returns false, when a long pointer is the "testexpession" and a constant integer is the "expressionlist"...
Hi, the image is a curstomized Usercontrol PB 19, there're 2 elements a Picture and a StaticText, i need to align the text on the bottom as now.  But as i using staticText, i need to set the height and the position of the control for that reason s...

There are no discussions available here currently