1. Aleš Vojáček
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Sunday, 24 October 2021 10:31 AM UTC

Hi all,

I have this code in my app:

tab_1.tabpage_detail.dw_detail.Object.labor_pozn.Font.Height = il_fonth

This works ok when I run app from PB IDE or when I compile application using PB and then run exe.

But when I compule it with pbc210.exe

Then I get error : 

Name not found accessing external property labor_pozn at line xy ....

Is there something what I need to check why compiled application using pb210.exe has different behavior then app runed from PBIDE or compiled using PBIDE?

Thank you Ales 

Accepted Answer
Aleš Vojáček Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 24 October 2021 17:21 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

I found problem. I hope at least.

We have in git repo one pbl (which is not in pbt file, but it is in git repo and there are old versions of some objects (one of them is datawindow which throwing that error).

And because PBIDE compiles only what is in pbt, then everithing is ok.

But.

Orca script (which does not work with ws_object files, but uses files exported in root dir to recompile pbls. Uses that pbl. And objects from this pbl overwrites newer files from pbl which is in pbt.

That explain why this is happen only on build server and not in PBIDE :-(

Sorry for your time, I did not realize it, because I did no see this pbl in IDE :-(

That is strange behavior, but it is what it is.

A.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Sunday, 24 October 2021 21:08 PM UTC
Thank you for letting us know!
  1. Helpful 1
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 24 October 2021 15:44 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Ales;

What happens when you perform a "full build" error & especially "warnings" wise?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Aleš Vojáček
  2. Sunday, 24 October 2021 16:09 PM UTC
No errors during build.
  1. Helpful
  1. Aleš Vojáček
  2. Sunday, 24 October 2021 16:18 PM UTC
There are two warnings

---------- Compiler: Warnings (18:16:07)

winzis.pbl(w_vysetr_sop).w_vysetr_sop.Object Variable Declarations.1: Information C0146: The identifier 'w_vysetr_sop' conflicts with an existing global variable with this name. The new definition of 'w_vysetr_sop' will take precedence and the prior value will be ignored until this version of 'w_vysetr_sop' goes out of scope.

pomocne.pbl(w_vysetr_sop).w_vysetr_sop.Object Variable Declarations.1: Information C0146: The identifier 'w_vysetr_sop' conflicts with an existing global variable with this name. The new definition of 'w_vysetr_sop' will take precedence and the prior value will be ignored until this version of 'w_vysetr_sop' goes out of scope.

and

---------- Compiler: Warnings (18:16:07)

winzis.pbl(w_vysetr_sop).w_vysetr_sop.Object Variable Declarations.1: Information C0146: The identifier 'w_vysetr_sop' conflicts with an existing global variable with this name. The new definition of 'w_vysetr_sop' will take precedence and the prior value will be ignored until this version of 'w_vysetr_sop' goes out of scope.

pomocne.pbl(w_vysetr_sop).w_vysetr_sop.Object Variable Declarations.1: Information C0146: The identifier 'w_vysetr_sop' conflicts with an existing global variable with this name. The new definition of 'w_vysetr_sop' will take precedence and the prior value will be ignored until this version of 'w_vysetr_sop' goes out of scope.

But those warnings are not related to objects with error.

A.
  1. Helpful
Brad Mettee Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 24 October 2021 15:11 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Did you compile with PBD's, or use a PBR to include the datawindow objects? If not, the compiled exe won't have access to them and throw an error like this.

Comment
  1. Aleš Vojáček
  2. Sunday, 24 October 2021 16:12 PM UTC
I do compile to exe+PDB's, in PBR there are only images (icons and bitmaps).

Strange is that there are more lines like

tab_1.tabpage_detail.dw_detail.Object.labor_pozn.Font.Height = il_fonth

for other columns which are before this line and they work.

The column is in datawindow and as I say app compiled with PBIDE works. Only orca+pbc210 does not work.

A.
  1. Helpful
  1. Brad Mettee
  2. Sunday, 24 October 2021 16:27 PM UTC
It sounds like it might be pulling an older version of the datawindow object. Is "labor_pozn" a new object in the datawindow?
  1. Helpful
  1. Aleš Vojáček
  2. Sunday, 24 October 2021 16:36 PM UTC
Nope, that column is there a long time and orca script is 3pass rebuild, so those pbl are reconstructed from git repo on build server.

Still do not know what can be different in building using pbc210.exe vs PBIDE build. :-(

A.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.