Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Powerbuilder 2022R2 If a column in a datawindows is destroyed I see a empty column ( "": null ) in the json export Is there a way to avoid this? Thanks Eric   Simplified code: lds.dataobject = 'dw_line'lds.modify("destroy column cs_key")lds.se...
I think I isolated my previous question to an issue with PFC.  Was able to create a small project to demonstrate a little of what's going on... I suspect my previous issues are related.  I've attached a zip file with all of my project files. Using P...
Hello to everyone, i'm trying to use the SMTPClient object to send email messages asynchronously. Everything working fine except when i try to set a log file to store informations from the server using: smtpclient.LogFile(la_path, true)If i use th...
Hi, I'm on Infomaker 2022 R2 2828. I needed to make a few cosmetic changes (text only, no change to SQL statement) to an exe that I'm pretty sure has been successfully deployed using this IM version in the past couple months. However, when I deploy ...
With 2022 R3 being released today, I'm wondering if it is okay to install over my existing version. I currently have 2022 R2 but use it with GA build 1892. Can I still use build 1892 from the R3 IDE?...
We have been using the Topaz signature capture for years.  We have recently updated our application from PB 2019 R3 to PB 2022 1900 and now it has stopped working.  It seems it cannot locate the COM port anymore. There is not much too this control so...
Hello, When shall we expect PB 2022 R3?  Somewhere in this forum I read that it will be released on 5th Jan 2024.   Any change in that plan? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
httpClient.sendrequest() crashes PB IDE in 2022 R2, works great in 2019 R3. I'm attempting to migrate and test a large application of 124 PBLs on PB 2022 R2.  I ran into an issue with the app just crashing, no msg.  I tracked it down the httpClient ...
Hello, I don't have much experience with OLE Objects and don't see too many examples online.  I am using the OLE control and able to get a signature from the TOPAZ signature pad in the IDE. When running the EXE I am getting "Error accessing Externa...
I'm using PB 2022 R2 Build 2828. I upgraded the PFC version correlate with PB 2022. So I have a window with the inv_resize active. Everything is working perfect. The dw are resizing perfect the columns are resizing (construction event register every...
I want to display the company logo and the report title only in the first page, So far in searching the web I found and tested the following -- In the Print Page event datawindow A.) IF Pagenumber > 1 THENdw_report.object.p_header.Visible=fals...
Hello Appeon Folks, Greeting! I have question regarding application full and incremental build. Our application is in PB2017R3 version containing 93 pbls and around 7500 PB objects. We are currently using PBC17.0 exe to build the exe and pbds but ...
Hello, I don't think I've ever tried this, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or this is a known issue. I'm trying to modify a list of values of a datawindow column that has the DropDownListBox edit style but does not have an initial list ...
Hi all, I was wondering when to use SetTrans() instead of SetTransObject() for a datawindow? I find the PB help (2019 R3) pretty confusing when it mentions "internal transaction object". BTW: In 30 years, I've never had to use SetTrans(). regards...
Dataobjects created with PB2022R2-2819 get an error when i try to deploy/regenerate them with PB2022R2-1900.Error message = Datawindow error: Line 195 Column 242: incorrect syntaxWith 'edit source' line 195 = '         dptl_mdpstdtbl.nd1std as nd1std...
Hi, We have several PB apps that share some common libraries (like the PFC ones for example). Whenever I've done a full build of an app and want to run another app, I have to do a full rebuild of that app first. If not, things blow up randomly and I...
Hello everyone, I am running my app on the client PC and I am getting the following error in the following code segment: function: of_printdlg, Code: 32 long ll_hwnd 34 ll_hwnd = handle (aw_obj)35 if ll_hwnd = 0 then36 return -137 end if 39 retur...
When I right-click on an object in the System Tree and select "Properties..." from the popup menu, one of the reported properties is: Size in Bytes. How does PB determine this value? Depending on the object type, the reported value may or may not be...
Started getting a deployment error.  Checked IIS server event viewer and saw an user audit failure - "an account to failed to log on." It listed the account i use via webdeploy as the 'account name' HOWEVER, below that it lists "account for which l...
Under normal situations my right-click looks like this. The following crash occurs in either runtime or EXE. 2019 R3 build 2728.  When focus is set to the desktop and without setting focus back to the application, we immediately right-click on the...

There are no discussions available here currently