Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi  setup - PowerBuilder 2017 R3 The following scenario is in one window. I have an instance variable for a datawindowchild declared in Instance Variables tab (let's called is idwc_test) in a window. I then have the variable initiated by calling ...
I have the latest build of PB on windows 10.  I'm using MySQL db and have the aggravating issue of not being able to generate or use the system catalog tables.  I've tried DBA, DBO, Admin, Sys, and blank in the table owner field on the DB profile wit...
My admin swears he has set my account to allow it but I get the following errors. using  - STARTTLS error - Send Email Error: -4 535 5.7.139 Authentication unsucessful, the user credentials were incorect. [MN2PR15CA0001.namprd15.prod.outlook.com] u...
Hi   You will have to forgive this question as I am still finding my feet with Powerbuilder, andI am a bit stumped by this one   I have migrated my code to PB 2019 R3, and deployed the code. I have copied all the dlls from the C drive common/Pow...
Hi, We have inherited a legacy PB application and I am currently going through the code refactoring and generally tidying up. In the code there are numerous places where the UpperBound() function is used to check the length of an array before acces...
Hi All Here is what is happening (to me) -PB 2017 R3 -Using Native SCC -Target ABC shows a red X next to it (it's checked out (by someone)) -Right click on the target -Click 'show History' -PB Native History popup window. Status: Checked out b...
I am in a high school setting and a new employee needs access to the faslineclient.com site when I go there the appeon install comes up i have logged into the machine as an administrator and tried the install and added the site to the list of trusted...
Hello Team, We have a problem with one function - Repaint(), which we were able to use without issues in PB 9.03, but now - after migrating the application to the new version PB 2019 R3 using the migration tool - the function execution thows errors....
How to restrict multiple logins from same pc?...
Hi All I would like to get your input on how to handle a series of database transactions (Insert/Update) in PowerBuilder 2017, R3. In my application, a business process calls for 3 different database tables' insert/update. (Let's call them tables T...
Hi, Am using FileCopy, it works fine when copying from application folder. How can i copy file from other folder for example desktop folder or drive c?     ls_to = sle_1.text    ls_from = sle_2.text     li_FileNum = FileCopy (ls_from,ls_to,FALSE) ...
Hi Friends, I've got a datawindow that I use for query... in my code, I stop after every 250 rows and ask user if they want to retrieve more. I was editing the datawindow, and it automatically retrieves EVERYTHING... over 200,000 rows.  The message...
Hello Team, We recently moved from PowerBuilder SE Version 2017 Build 1666 to Appeon PowerBuilder SE Version 2019 R2 Build 2353 And we had a old Project for generating service DLL from supplied WSDL file (SOAP webservice). We were able to call the...
Hello,   Im using PB 2019 R2 with the RibbonBar feature, Im trying to make some of my RibbonItems invisible, but I don't know how to get the RibbonMenuItem's from a menu located under a Large or Small button. I did the code in the first screenshot ...
Hello, Our application was experiencing the issue described in this Appeon knowledgebase article where a RichTextEdit control's WordWrap property is checked but the text was still not wrapping. I was able to successfully adjust the pb.ini file on my...
Hi all, I'm trying to switch from orca pbcompiler to PBAutoBuild210.   I have builds on TeamCity.  What I'm doing now is. I do refresh pbls from ws_objects (but update of vs objects from git is done by TeamCity) so I do only refresh a then build...
Hello everybody, I have a problem with the delivery of Powerbuilder (Version 2019 R3 Build 2670, Runtime 19.2.0.2670).I was just about to use the new version for one of our customers and ran into the following problem. How did I proceed:- uninstall...
Hi Team,   I am using powerbuilder 2017 version application. It was working fine till now in production. But suddenly i am getting this below error.     Once i clicked the ok button. Getting below error.   If i click application got terminat...
Hi friends, How do add days to a datawindow smalldatetime field in script?  I'm trying to compute an invoice due date based on the invoice date and the selected terms (30, 60, 90, etc). TIA, Tracy  ...
The CrypterObject has a SHA function for creating a hash. Unfortunately the output is a blob. How do I convert that to a string?...

There are no discussions available here currently