Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello all, we are running into issues running Infomaker 2019 on our Windows 10 Enterprise PCs. At various times of the day, both Infomaker and Jenzabar crash and report a Fatal Disk Error coming from the Library Manager. Both Jenzabar and Infomaker a...
Hi, I have been assigned to maintain/update an older app written PB 10.5. I was able to upgrade the app to PB 2017 without any issue. The app is a non-visual exe that is triggered through a job after every 30 minutes and is doing some mathematical ...
PowerBuilder 2019 R3 build 2728, and other older versions. We've started getting more customers with random crashes in the past few months. I suspect many, if not all, are related to the known issue with PowerBuilder and Windows Accessibility, and t...
PB 2021 - build 1506.   I am posting this issue to Q&A so others are aware of it but I am also submitting this as a bug. We have been trying to reproduce this issue consistently - it seems to happen frequently within our main application and onl...
Hi, I've got a new machine, Windows 10 Version 21H2. I installed PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2353. When I try to connect my projects to Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, PB crashes with no message. Steps: 1. Open Workspace 2. Open Library Painter 3. R...
Good morning Community. I have a problem. If I connect via 'connect to workspace' to a project stored on dev.azure.com project regeneration fails. see attachment: error.png and log file FileRegenerate.zip. I was able to create the same error with ...
Does anyone have either any successful examples of using HTTPClient to consume a .Net Web API that requires XML to be passed to it? OR know why I’m receiving the error\issues below when trying to pass the XML? I’m using PowerBuilder 2021 Profe...
Hi Everyone, Is there any way to control the acceleration of an editmask spin control??  If user keeps up/down arrow pressed of an editmask spin control it changes the display value at a certain rate. Is there any way to increase or decrease this a...
Hi, I have a trouble with event rowfocuchanging.  I have a window with 4 tabpage. In the last tabpage, there are 3 datawindow. the 3 datawindow contains a list and for each row of the list, it is a dropdowndatawindow. When i open the window, the ...
Just upgraded from PB 11.5 (circa 2008) to PB 2021. PB 11.5 never had the ability to search all source code of a workspace or target.  In the TWELVE years they had to improve the IDE, they never implemented search all?  Wow.  Just wow.My old solutio...
Hi Community, In this application, the users have a problem cutting and pasting from Excel. The paste operation is failing to paste data into "Datawindow Single Line Edit" fields. Afaict, it is because the clipboard of the Excel cell contains a CR...
Hi, Does anyone know what this "ShareData" is for on the Data tab of a dw? Is it just an indicator to programmers that this dw shares data with another? Not much happens when you click on it, except for toggling the check on the contextual menu ......
Hi    I haver an application compiled with an earlier version of the 2019 runtime ide. I upgraded my PB version to 2728 when i open the app  i get the message "The version you used to full build the target :LabelLibrary" is different from the curre...
Bonjour, j'ai plusieurs applications en Powerbuilder 2017 R3. Parmi ces applications, j'ai une seule qui se freeze de façon aléatoire et de façon intempestive.  J'ai remarqué que cela se prodduisait lorsque la température du processeur est supérie...
Hello Fellow PB People, Powerbuiler 2019 R2 Here's one I have not run into yet. When utilizing SaveAs() with a valid filename in the parameters, it will not allow the popup, but automagically saves to the current directory. To assist the users, I...
Hi, We have a legacy PB 2021 application where a number of character DataWindow columns have a display format of [general] - note the lower case g. In the column properties of the DW painter, if I click on the arrow to select a new display format I...
Hi, Is there an option to download a file (e.g. PDF) to a mobile device from the URL (without use of the Appeon File Server on the PowerServer)? At the moment our Appeon Mobile App is showing files from various servers/URLs inside the eon_mobile_we...
Hello, we are having a problem with the powerbuilder webservice, where it cannot access the registry functions(registryget, registrykeys)   print: vls_aux = -1...
I'm seeing different behavior between two versions of our application. It just so happens that we changed versions of PowerBuilder from the first version to the second, so the behavior difference could be caused by a code change of ours, or some chan...
We have just upgraded our applications from PB10 to PB2019R3 and was successfully able to get them loaded into Azure DevOps for source control.  Now we are running into issues when we need to make a change to the applications.  We only have 2 PB deve...

There are no discussions available here currently