Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Greetings all, We're on PB2022, Is there a way to generate a list of inherited objects? Or a list of objects and what has been inherited from them? Thanks, Dennis...
Where can I find and download pbdemo2022.db?...
Getapplication().getpowerserverurl( )   results in:   https://myappurl.cloudapp.azure.com:5009/myappapi add on the connect/token results in: https://myappurl.cloudapp.azure.com:5009/myappapi/connect/token   when deployed to a container app, thi...
Hi Everyone, Is it possible to have the SQL in all the applications DataWindows data source "checked" against the database using the database connection during a full build, or some other development process?  If so, how would I do it? I observe t...
I want to produce an error in my PowerBuilder code that would create a Memory Dump File (.dmp). I tried dividing an int by 0, but I just get this error popup and no .dmp file.  In C++, diving by 0 creates a memory dump file so I am not sure why it do...
Hi With PowerBuilder 2019 r3, how can we clear the new webbrowser cache (while running an application) ? Regards Thierry...
Hi All. Our company will be moving one of our customers to the new PowerServer architecture soon.  We currently have their PowerBuilder application development performed using 2029R3.   My question is, given that we will be using the latest PowerSe...
If i have many rows in a datawindow/store that will get inserted/updated/deleted:  It's not clear whether a datawindow/store update is a single round trip to the server, or if each row is its own roundtrip.  the same question applies to PS 2022   ...
Hello In PB2021 I'm getting this strange error when I open or close an object inherited from nonvisual: ---------------------------PowerBuilder application execution error (R0021)---------------------------Application terminated.Error: Bad runtime ...
Hi everyone,  UPDATE: APPEON HAS INDICATED THAT THERE WILL NOT BE A CLOSE BUTTON ON THE TABCONTROL - TABPAGE.  And no, the new 2022 R2 features for MDI frames as TABS does not solve the issue. (One cannot have an MDI in a dialog box) Also you cann...
Hi, Our PowerBuilder 2021 application is returning random characters when creating a DataWindow dynamically via the Create method fails. The DW syntax is pulled from a database and in some instances refers to a table or view that doesn't exist. Whe...
The CrypterObject has a SHA function for creating a hash. Unfortunately the output is a blob. How do I convert that to a string?...
Has anyone updated to PowerBuilder 2022 using PVCS (8.6.3) for source control?   We've used PB 2021 and PVCS for the past 6 months without issue.  We're testing the waters for PowerBuilder 2022 and the conversion was fine...Then we tied in PVCS to ...
I am testing the product migrated to powerserver 2022 .Is amazing. I have a query regarding unsupported powerserver features:Unsupported (PowerServer) C0227: Retrieve.asneeded property in DataWindow (Suggestion: Add the WHERE clause to retrieve the ...
Sorry if I have missed something - likely obvious knowing me.. Is it possible to have database connections associated with Workspaces? Like a lot of folk, I need to support a number of existing applications and develop new ones. It would be great i...
Can infomaker handle multiple result sets being returned from a stored procedure in SQL server? I (and technically-inclined end-user and not a programmer) have a report I am trying to build and I am only getting the first result set back. Its a grou...
So PowerBuilder uses their DLL implementation for Virtual Memory (PBVM), is it possible to compile PB to native code instead of intermediate P-Code and if so how is it done?  IF its possible to do native code, what kind of cons will I see compared t...
I have string text and I want to get apart of text which after dash symbol  Example:     Invo-A12223444 RetInvo-B338889 DebitNote-D2234   I need to get from a ,b,d but this text in variable and I don't know length but need after  dash...
Hi I experience problems with the GOTO function in appeon mobile Is this function still working on tablet, and IF not is there an other function to skip a peace of code.   Example   IF li_x = 1 THEN      ........ELSE     GOTO STOPEND IF   IF...
Hi,I installed PB2022 GA-edition successfully. Windows 10, newest version Visual Studios 2017, 2019 and 2022 installed, newest patchlevel.The same happend on a Windows 11 also with installed Visual Studios 2017, 2019 and 2022 installed, newest patchl...

There are no discussions available here currently