Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all, My customer noticed something very strange... when he's got my application running, then clicks on the desktop (or runs another app from his task bar), then comes back to my application, the Drag/Drop event is firing.  I sprinkled the code w...
Hi all, My application requires atl100.dll, msvcp100.dll, and msvcr100.dll.  There are 3 scenarios for user installs: 1. 32-bit Windows 2. 64-bit Windows, 32-bit PB install 3. 64-bit Windows, 64-bit PB install I understand there's a difference b...
Hi.  I'm looking for a way in my web api to obtain the column data types from a sql select statement. I am currently trying to use  datastore.Describe( colName.ColType ) which returns "System.String" and "System.Decimal" without the length of the str...
Hi All! I'm trying to get running SalesDemo_Cloud project. [Build & Deploy PowerServer Project] says "The installable cloud app is published successfully".  [Run PowerServer Project] gives me black screen with four green "Info": and white mess...
Hi Could you help me to translate this PHP code to PowerBuilder. It is used to call a REST-type web service. Thanks for your help. Thierry DEFINE('CFG_APP_ID', '???????????'); DEFINE('CFG_TOKEN', '?????????????????'); function CallWebService($...
Hi all, I insert a row in a datawindow, the the datawindow is updated (dw_1.update()). When a commit is triggered in my script no data is inserted in the database and I got no error. The same code works fine for Oracle database. dw_rowcount() = 1 ...
Hello everyone, not sure if this has been already answered, it is just my curiosity. Is there a way or some tool to upgrade all the datawindows (and datastores) definitions after a migration from a pb version to new one?I've noticed that the migrati...
Hi guys, I was try to look up the changes for Powerclient on PB2022 Build 1878 on Windows 10.  I noticed that a feature got removed for Update Strategy and Download Options in PB 2022 and cannot find any info on it. Can someone confirm what happen...
Hello. I have a problem. I am inserting a record of about 100000 lines into datawindows. There is no problem with me inserting the records. But after the insert process is finished, when I click on datawindow with the mouse, the screen freezes for a...
My company wants to start using managed laptops (InTune) (Windows 10) I've had to change the login procedure of my applications to no longer use trustedconnections as those laptops are no longer in the local AD of the databases. I'm having an issue...
I am currently trying to implement a Ribbonbar in Powerbuilder 2019 R2 build 2353. When I am previewing my Ribbonbar in the Ribbonbar builder all of the icons show up. I am using .ICO files. When I try to implement the Ribbonbar at runtime then onl...
Hi everyone! I've been stuck on this for almost two weeks now so I thought it might be best to ask here, is it possible to convert Powerbuilder DataWindows to C#? To my understanding I need SnapDevelop to convert but I don't have a license for that....
Hello every body can any one help parsing this json [ { "hashed_id": "had1568", "retailer_number": "01062165935", "order_details.*": [ { "Item": "167", "quantity": 10, "price": 50, "tax": 0 }, { "Item": "100", "quantity": 10, "price": 50, "tax": 0 }...
Something went wrong with my PowerBuilder 2021 yesterday. Now the IDE will not fully open. When I hover near it on task bar this is all I see. Is my only option to uninstall? ...
Hi Guys, As a result of migrating our source code from PB 2019R3 to PB 2022, the application PB IDE is crashing/terminating during the full build process. What is the problem for this and how to resolve this issue?   Your advice is highly apprecia...
Hello, We're using eon_mobile_barcodeex scanner for the mobile app. When we open it on iOS tablet form user object the scanner is centered on the screen (iOS phone has it open on full screen). When we click on the back arrow it will close the scan...
Hello, Current PB 2019 R3, 2703 Upgraded from PB 11.5 We upgraded one PB 11.5 application to PB 2019 R3.  Everything is working fine except PDF printing using Ghostscript.   That was the way we printed to a pdf file earlier.    Along with this up...
I can see that the sql gets generated.  I do have a fresh web api posted up from snap develop.   Some sql is working, this one is not working.  If i comment out this one sql select, i get another similar error.   ---------------------------- Snap...
HI I am using PB 12.5 Classical I created a wait window (wait_w) and showing the progress bar and and some text window type is = main. From main_w I am writing a string to windows registry and set a listener in wait_w the code is as follows. But lot ...
I am using powerbuilder ultimate suite in PowerBuilder 2019. In PBUS for XPlistBar I wanted to use the Vertical Scroll Bar. I have activated it but it is not working when I am using XPlistBar. Is there any way that I can use the vertical scroll bar i...

There are no discussions available here currently