1. damian jimenez
  2. PowerServer
  3. Wednesday, 30 November 2022 12:57 PM UTC
I am testing the product migrated to powerserver 2022 .Is amazing.
I have a query regarding unsupported powerserver features:

Unsupported (PowerServer) C0227: Retrieve.asneeded property in DataWindow (Suggestion: Add the WHERE clause to retrieve the data needed)
Unsupported (PowerServer) C0228: Data.storage property in DataWindow (Suggestion: Add the WHERE clause to retrieve the data needed)
According to the legend, it recommends to add WHERE clause and in community recommends to restrict SELECT clause with:
SELECT /* MY QUERY*/ OFFSET XX ROWS
FETCH NEXT YY ROWS ONLY

but there are clients that till are using the project with C/S schema
We have a function IsPowerServerApp() to determine if it is powerserver. It occurs to me to duplicate the Datawindow
But using this criteria, it should double more than 150.
I would have a better way, that works for both schemes (C/S and powerserver) and that is defined at runtime ?

Regards

mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 30 November 2022 14:42 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Are you asking whether you can change the sql at runtime to limit the rows? If so, the answer is yes.  You can change datawindows and even build them from scratch at runtime.  You have to come up with the code to do that.

IMO it is not worth doing this.  You want to make them work identically except where you can't.  That is the approach i took.

In either case, you will still have to change your 150 datawindows, as well as the retrieval process behind it.   Are you sure the retrieve as needed is really needed?

Comment
  1. damian jimenez
  2. Wednesday, 30 November 2022 18:12 PM UTC
It happens that one of the company's policies is not to change anything that has already been approved and delivered to customers.

We have a single application for many clients (very configurable) and some will use powerserver proyect and others still in Client-Server proyect; and it is not clear to me how much it affects the visual behavior of the visualization in each case, (either report or window, reports are usually more numerous records) and the number of records that this change begins to be relevant. I wanted to avoid analyzing every case, which is apparently going to be the way forward. thanks a lot
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.