1. shoaib siddiqui
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 31 January 2019

 

I’m migrating a Client/Server App from PowerBuilder v10 to Appeon R3 using Windows 10.

After migration, R3 migration process did not carry full definition of few events of a window. There are few cases where
Window has user event defined with argument, but migrated version has NO argument in that event.

In few cases migration process changed my return type from LONG to Integer.
…Hence it spits warning at Run time or on Regeneration of those objects:

Warning:  C0210 Event “ue_save” cannot be overloaded.

Warning is correct because in my code its calling with THE ARGUMENT as it should be, migration process DID NOT carry the fully defined user event with argument.

 FYI The code has been working fine for last 20 years.

Thanks in advance.

 

Accepted Answer
shoaib siddiqui Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
1
Votes
Undo

Solved!

 

I edited the source and added the parms (event's arguments ) in where it was called WITH event. This could have happened in PB10 long time ago (presumably a bug) where developer had and event defined without any parameters and then later on an argument was added, but PB left some reference in source code (srw). 

Comment
Excellent news Shoaib! :-)
  1. Chris Pollach
  2. Monday, 4 February 2019
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Monday, 4 February 2019
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink
shoaib siddiqui Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo

Thanks Chris,

Yes I have used  Migration Assistance tool,  It reported some results with for Try/Catch syntax in other objects which I am aware of.

My issue is  (as described above pics)  I have missing argument in a user defined event. why migration process removed the argument. 

 ****  New Updates

If try to add an argument in existing event, I am getting this error:

C0174: Type of actual parameter cannot be ancestor of formal reference parameter type.

 

what is this means? the ancestor window does not even have this event at all .

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Monday, 4 February 2019
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1
shoaib siddiqui Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo

 

Hi Chris,

I did exactly what you said in PB10 (Optimized all PBLs and performed a full build) with no errors.

Then I copied those PBLs to my new R3 area folder and migrated the application without any errors.

Still same results, something is going in with R3 migration process, please see screen below:

Before migration, Argument exist:

 AFTER MIGRATION (argument is gone):

 

Comment
Hi Shoaib;

Did you run the "Migration Assistant" in PB 2017Rx against your old PB 10 App code to see if there was anything that needed repairing in PB 10 before you migrated?

Regards... Chris
  1. Chris Pollach
  2. Monday, 4 February 2019
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Friday, 1 February 2019
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2
Chris Pollach Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo

Hi Shoaib;

   I would suggest returning to PB 10 and performing a library optimize on all your PBL's followed by a Full Build. Also take note on the full build of any warning or error messages about your App. Once the optimize and full build is clean - then try the PB 2017 migration again.

  Note that if your PB 10 App uses any .PBD files - you must replace them with the PB 2017 equivalent version before you start the migration sequence in PB2017.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
For example:

PB10 => PB2017

========================

pbdom105.pbd => pbdom170.pbd
  1. Chris Pollach
  2. Thursday, 31 January 2019
Hello Chris, I could not Paste screen shot here (don't know why), Please see Response #2 above. Thanks.
  1. shoaib siddiqui
  2. Friday, 1 February 2019
Do a reply to your main post .. you should then be able to can paste the screen shot.
  1. Chris Pollach
  2. Monday, 4 February 2019
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Thursday, 31 January 2019
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3
  • Page :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.