Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
In my PowerBuilder applications I order the datawindow with various parameters as in the following example ... dw_1.SetSort("param1 a, param2 a, param3 a") dw_1.Sort()   In SnapDevelop I see Sort Method, but I don't  know how to order multiples p...
Good morning Guru. I am using '.NET DLL Importer' and notice a strange thing. When Powerbuilder object is generated among the instance variables exists 'is_assemblypath' (see image ) I note that it contains the absolute references of the source ...
I am preparing for a Powerbuilder upgrade from 8.0 to 2019. I will be moving embedded sql to stored procedures and db functions. Is the sql in datawindows considered embedded sql and is it a good practice to move it to stored procedures and have the ...
Hi I'm using PowerScript Dynamic DataStore like this: //----------------------------------------------PowerBuilder Example ------------------------------------------ long ll_row, ll_rowCountString ls_sqlString ls_Syntax, ls_error, ls_clienteDataSt...
In a SnapDevelop API solution I am working on, I have the following in my startup.cs that handles the database connection:   services.AddDataContext(m => m.UseOdbc(Configuration["ConnectionStrings:temp"]));   The DSN 'temp' is in my appsetting...
Hi....We have several applications that use PowerBuilder.  One application stores all PDFs in an Oracle database.  We are being asked by the DB unit to find a new place to store the PDFs because they are taking up quite a bit of space.   Someone in ...
Not sure how to make this work....
We're trying to migrate an application forward to PowerBuilder 2019R2 that uses the .Net WSDL engine. It deploys, everything seems to work perfectly on workstations with PowerBuilder 12.6 installed. When using Procmon and watching the application run...
To support Rest basic authentication, string has to be encoded in base-64. In Javascript there is btoa() method. I cannot find corresponding method in PB2017 R2. Please advise. Thanks, Yuri   ...
Hi, Has anyone been able to debug an DLL Imported .net Assembly using SnapDevelop with the pb2019 r3 - Beta version? I cannot set any stops and can't attach any process, since it doesn't show any process to attach to. Not really a problem, I can u...
Hi   Message edited on 2020-09-23 after further findings    I'm having trouble compilating one of our applications with Orca where it work great for the others. I built a powershell script call the appropriate programs and copy files around. It...
Greetings, What email method is everyone using? We've been using pbnismtp, and are having problems when upgrading to PB2017.  (32 bit running on Citrix) We're currently trying the PB mailsession method, but there are a couple of thin...
Dear Sir, We would like to know how to port our existing PB2019 programs to android/ios.  As I known, PowerServer 2021 no longer support android/ios, do I need to use other development tool for port our existing PB program to android/ios platform. ...
Hi, I had raised the same question earlier, but didn't receive any answer. So raising the question again. I've implemented HTTPSClient object to get the response from a SOAP WebService in a desktop application (PB 2017 R3). The response is stored in ...
This issue is found in Version 2019 R2 Build 2353. There is a difference between the pbt library list and the build option library list. I get the warning: The current library list is different from the library list contained within this project. T...
Last week I illustrated a snapshot technique to capture copies of data sets in the database associated with a specific transaction.  Once we sorted out the stored procedure issue (needed to be closed) we have found that it works pretty well for captu...
Hi, we have a desktop application developed in PowerBuilder 2017 R2. This application does not use any external functions or DLL calls. But when it is launched, it has been observed that the application is internally searching for some Windows DLLs o...
Hello Team,   We are using Appeon 2019 R1.  We were invoking the web application(IE) from powerbuilder and it is working fine, recently we have upgraded our Middle Tier(java) environment. After up-gradation IE is opening but its not launching the r...
Hi, I have a desktop application developed in PowerBuilder 2017 R3 with Sybase as a backend. Recently a vulnerability issue has been reported in the application where "the application does not implement encryption during transmission of data. This ex...
I am trying to implement DLL Redirection for my 32-bit PowerBuilder desktop application (developed in R3) in below way: - Created a application.exe.local file - Created a new DWORD key called DevOverrideEnable at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\...

There are no discussions available here currently