1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Tuesday, 22 September 2020 21:43 PM UTC

Hi,

Has anyone been able to debug an DLL Imported .net Assembly using SnapDevelop with the pb2019 r3 - Beta version?

I cannot set any stops and can't attach any process, since it doesn't show any process to attach to.

Not really a problem, I can use Visual Studio, but this does work with the R2 version.

Also, once you have run the application from the pb ide, you cannot recompile the DLL since pb keeps it locked. You have to first exit powerbuilder to unlock the files.

Any one else having the same problem?

regards

Accepted Answer
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 22 September 2020 22:18 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # Permalink

Hi Miguel, Since you said this works in R2 but not in R3 beta then most likely it is not you doing something wrong but rather a beta bug.  Please report the bug in the support portal.  Thanks.

Comment
  1. Sally Li @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 23 September 2020 00:44 AM UTC
Hi Miguel, "attach a process" in the debugger won't work in the beta. This is a feature in the GA version only, team are still working on this feature. As far as other problems, yes, pls report a bug.
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Wednesday, 23 September 2020 08:07 AM UTC
Thank you Sally.

So .... do I still have to report it as a bug that I cannot set a breakpoint in SnapDevelop either (in the beta of R3)?

regards
  1. Helpful
  1. Sally Li @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 23 September 2020 13:44 PM UTC
Hi Miguel, yes, please submit a ticket for this "cannot set breakpoints" issue so that it can be properly tracked.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.

There are replies in this question but you are not allowed to view the replies from this question.