Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Problem: Any value I pass to the Retrieve(argument) method returns the error below. I can't tell why. I've tried different data types in the database I need to pull records from. I've tried to use Guids, strings, number types, etc, but none of them ...
I have an application build orinally in PB4 and then migrated through PB11.5 and now developed further in PB2017. The file version of the application deployed with PB2017 is 11.5.1.4011 and the product version is 11.5.1.4011 Is is possible to set th...
In my PowerBuilder Client, I want to use the JsonPackage object to send the result sets of two datastores to our Web API that was created with SnapDevelop.  Here is my PB code: //set values of JSONPackage with API datastores ljpk_submit.setvalue( "...
Hiya there! My first time posting here, am hoping someone can point me in the right direction I have a live mobile application running which is successfully deployed online. It has been developed in the latest PB2019 Build 2082. I am running it th...
Hello everyone. I have a PB application which calls Outlook to send messages. I want to trap and log errors if any. Here is my code: ole_Item = ole_Outlook.CreateItem(0) ole_Item.HTMLBody = ls_Body ole_Item.Subject = 'Test message from PowerBuild...
Hi is it possible to know the url that the user has gone to, to run the powerserver web application. I am currently testing an app for a customer, it is one company but 2 products, i want to keep the single app but so a different logon screen / dif...
Hello! I have built a web service using PB.NET. The URL is started with "http://" . My local URL : http://localhost/processwebservice/n_webservice.asmx When I deploy the app , the URL is also http://  How can I make it "https://" ?   Thank you...
I think i left power builder logon on at home and am unable to logon on at work. Is there a way to override or disable the logon on the other computer?  ...
Hi,   Let's say I have a C# app "A" that makes a command line call to open a Powerbuilder app "B" and automatically open a sheet therein. OK, that's clear to me - I've coded that.   But what if app "A" wants to open app "B" and automatically open...
Hi I have developed a small web segment of one of my applications sing pb2019 etc and want to run some tests on a few computers, is there a document explaining downloading / installing the various components on various different browsers etc. One o...
Hello,   I try to migrate some of my PB2017 project to a web api, in my model generate with my datawindow i have a 'Clients' table with a primary key ID as string value called "Cd_Cl".   Here is the generated model:     public class Dw_Clients ...
Hi All I have a MS Word OLE Checkbox question - I can not figure out a call to set a true/false value in a checkbox I place in a docx document. I have googled the internet and all of the results did not help. Most of them use FormFields, which is n...
Hello. I am new to PowerServer, tasked with trying to see how much work is involved with taking our large PB2019 project and making it available via the web. I've got a non-visual object (nvo_security) that I'm having trouble calling. It's instantia...
Hi All,  Anybody no how to connect with TFS 2015. This is what I'm working with:PowerBuilder 2017 R3 with Visual Studio 2019 on Windows 10 Enterprise. All powebuilder objects already in TFS for my application. As per the tutorial, I did install tea...
Hi PBers I have searched on Google for a solution to this issue for a while now and I am turning to you for help. I have a saved doc in Word with 'fields' (not 'bookmarks') in it. I did so by going to Insert>Quick Parts>Field... I need to ac...
GetOpenFileName function works normal in the regular windows app and same thing when deployed in .net version it is not prompting the Open Dialog window.  Please suggest some solution....
Hi all   I have installed a ws on a server and it all worked fine on the sever itself . But when I want to test the ws from another machine ( on the same Ethernet network ) I am getting the error : The test form is only available for requests fro...
Hello, PB 2017 R3, PostgreSQL 11.1 Looks like PB doesn't report an error when there is a violation of uniquess in a table, instead it goes into a infinite loop. Uniqueness created with a  unique index and NOT primary key.  Removing the unique inde...
HI Sir/Madam, I have two questions, that need your advices. They are: 1.    Where do we select the deployment (.NET/Java) platform?  Is that done in the Configuration Wizard?2.    When would we need to select the “(More secure) Generate a unique se...
Hello everyone, i am testing the pb2019 r2 beta new features. In particular i am trying the enhanced ui themes and it's working like a charm. Configure theme settings for individual objects is exactly what i was looking for, but i wonder if there is ...

There are no discussions available here currently