Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I'm trying to generate an event calendar that starts on a given day of the week. Thus I calculate the first day of the year, and the required offset to the selected day. Now I need to generate the dates for such offset starting weeks I know that sta...
Calling PrintGetPrinter() with no printers on the workstation causes (a crash of an application if compiled or the Powerbuilder IDE if run in debug mode). This is under Powerbuilder 2019 R2 Build 2328....
Hi, I encounter following problem when execute excel macro in Powerbuilder. Environment:- Power Builder 2017 R3 on Windows 10- Excel version is Excel for Office 365 Problem script: try   lo_myoleobject.application.run("ThisWorkbook.change_data_for...
[PB2017 R3] Hi all, I built an external tool to generate some PB Objects based on a simple XML specification. My tool generates several source files (.sru, .srf and similar) ready to be imported into existing PBLs. I would like not to import them ...
Hi all. A customer of mine, yesterday, performed a bad processing with our PB application on a Sybase SQL Anywhere 10 database and unintentionally deleted a lot of data in various tables. He has no backup of the db (not to mention) but the database ...
Is there a list of bugs fixed in PB 2019 MR (build 2170)? If not, can one be posted?  ...
Good afternoon,          I have done a migration recently for a client from the version 7 to the version 2019 R2. Everything was resolved except one issue with one screen that the client is complaining that the mouse wheel scroll is not working. On ...
Hello,   I am from the IT department of my company Sedgwick. We seeking some technical support.   Situation: One of our business application is written in Power Builder 12.5 runs in an exclusive Remote Desktop environment. We are in the process ...
Dear Appeon,   T got problem when exportjson datawindow at powerserver the function dw_1.exportjson() not work when deploy at powerserver 2019 web and mobile. What the issue ? Thank you for your attention.     Regards,     Tomms...
As seen in below Bruce Armstrong's ribbon menu generator has used "&" before the letter in the text section is what gets converted for the shortcut key functionality.   So far, It does not seem to work. Maybe there is code I need to wright ...
I was reading the help files for PowerBuilder R3 on SOAP clients and it says we can use the EasySoap client or the .NET SOAP client. Is this correct? If we use the .NET SOAP client, will it work for both 32 and 64 bit versions of our PowerBuilder app...
Hi, Greetings! The Close event of the application is not triggering if the application is closed directly by closing tab/browser while using Chrome , but the same is working in IE. Is this a known issue or some system related issue. Thanks in adv...
Good morning,We are using 2017 R3 with Git as source control. After making changes to existing objects and committing the object to Git, the object (sometimes) doesn't display in Appeon upon a Pull from the repository. We are forced to do a "Refresh"...
I saw a previous thread that was related to this but nothing there worked for me. I have a DDDW on a DW, that has some rows with italicized display values, and some non-italic, based on an undisplayed field in the DDDW. I would like the DW to immed...
  I'm having an issue creating an install package for my application.  When I install on a clean computer (no PB installed), I receive an error Application Terminated"Error: The underlying connection was closed. An unexpected error occurred on a s...
Hi, Greetings! I have one PowerBuilder application that uses embedded SQL to change the context to a different database using the transaction object. Execute Immediate "Use Database_Name"; where Database_Name is the database name  But when this ...
Happy New Year, everyone! I have made some additions and corrections to a previously-published tutorial based on feedback and additional information learned since the article was originally published. The revised article is in my "Drafts" section of...
Hi All, I am using PFC. I have many response windows in my app (inherited from w_response), but only 1 of them I need to allow the user to resize the window.  I have googled and found answers to this problem (e.g. Bruce A's of_setresizeable functio...
Working in the initial release of PB2019. However, No idea if it still works with newer PB releases like R3. I am trying to use it in this Powerbuilder R3 and cannot seem to get it to generate. Not sure if it's just not working in this beta release....
See attached..... I copied the ribbonbarmenudemo2.pbl and ribbonbarmenudemo2.pbt and ribbonbarmenugenerator from Bruce Armstrong's Ribbon Generator iinto a traget with all my applications pbl's. when I run the p_ribbonbarmenu3 from the ribbon gener...

There are no discussions available here currently