1. Hari KrishnaBolla
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 10 November 2020 12:18 PM UTC

Hello,

I am from the IT department of my company Sedgwick. We seeking some technical support.

Situation:

One of our business application is written in Power Builder 12.5 runs in an exclusive Remote Desktop environment. We are in the process of migrating from office 2010 to office 2016.

With office 2010 & win 7, the given functionality works without any issues.

Our application used ole connection to open a word document and then performs mail merge functionality.

With windows 7 and office 2016 upgrade, the application is getting an error "Error calling an external object typetext..." at the point "this.Selection.typetext(sVal)".

Please let me know what could be the issue?

Please can you help in fixing this problem. 

Currently we are using the below code to bypass the security popup.

sel = this.Selection

sVal = adata.getitemdate(1,ls_text)

sel.typetext(sVal) 

Everything seems to be going fine until last statement. At that stage we are getting an error 

"Error calling an external object typetext at line........."

Please advise.

Regards,

Harikrishna

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 6 January 2021 02:37 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Harikrishna;

I wonder if the issue could be around the value of "sVal"? The TypeText() method requires a textual data argument but what you have loaded in the variable is date data. Can you try ...

sVal = String ( adata.getitemdate(1,ls_text) )

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 6 January 2021 01:45 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

The few lines of PowerScript code you posted are insufficient to diagnose the problem.

What you have posted, however, just does not look "right". In what type of PB object is the code snippet defined? A command button? A window? I'm trying to understand what the PB pronoun "this" is referencing.

What type of object is "sel"?

It would be more helpful to see the entire script that contains the code you have posted. Please post as a separate reply, not as a comment to this reply. Obscure any sensitive/proprietary information, of course.

Regards, John

Comment
Govinda Lopez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 5 January 2021 21:42 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Hari Krishna,

PowerBuilder 12.5 is EOL for sometime now so there is no longer any technical support available for it. You might want to try out the new PowerBuilder 2019 R2 which is the latest supported version available as of the moment of writing this response. This new version is also supported on Windows 10! You can also request a free trial if you'd like to test out the new cool features.

Regards,

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.