Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I like to generate a stored function in iAnywhere 17. The code, tested in Central works fine, but I want to create the function in the database if not exits during software application using EXECUTE IMMEDIATE (:ls_sql_string). But there are double ...
To call Powerbuilder Objects events I  used to call cb_new.triggerEvnet(Clicked!) although we have Post & PostEvent methods, Event Keyword too can we have discussion for best event calling Technics for calling system and user defined events. I m...
Hi,      We have migrated from 10.2 to 2019 R2 and We have added a new '.XLSX' extension in our existing SaveAs option. We are able to export the all datawindows with this extension  expect the reports that has designed using crosstab datawindow.  ...
Hello All, We are running our exes in a terminal server enviroment we have a report (a invoice) that use ArialNarrow Font. when we print it work ok. when we test in our PCs the saveasPDF works ok. In one of our Terminal Servers the save as chang...
My treeview datawindow collapses all levels when I apply a filter, is there an easy way to prevent this?  ...
Hi, There was a PB17 installed on my computer (win10home). I tried to upgrade to PB19 R2. V17 uninstalled, V19R2 (Build 2353) installed successfully. Opening workspace OK, deploying OK, but simple Run or in Debug mode doesn't work, the program just ...
  Hello All,We are moving a PB11.5 Application to PB2017 Under Appeon Universal in the mailLogon we recieved a mailReturnLoginFailure! both in Client/Server and Web App in the development Machine (With PB Installed) we found in the documentation t...
Hi PB users,   We are facing a strange behavior with deployment of our PB2019R2 application (KTP). On some laptop, in our login window, the code seems to try to close the window after open. When we activate /PBDEBUG (parameter after .exe file) th...
Our company started a major project to convert our client/server application to the web using PowerServer 2020. We confirmed the technology and presented this to our client as a viable, long-term solution. In light of Appeon's move to PowerServer 20...
I'm wondering if PowerServer will support non-visual PBNI extension objects? There are four that come with PowerBuilder: PBDOM190.pbx pbejbclient190.pbx pbsoapclient190.pbx pbwsclient190.pbx   The last three are obsolete but PBDOM is still bein...
Hello, We communicated with TIBCO RendezVous product using their 32bit DLL tibrvcom.dll trough PB OLEobject. Since we are migrating to 64bit environment, we can't use anymore this principle.  Any experiences with TIBCO product and PB? (TIBCO even...
Hi We have many costumers they using our client application with maximum of 10 users (sessions). Many of  them are very interested to get an web version of our application. AFAIK the cheapest PowerServer license is Workgroup with 50 user session. I...
Good morning, I did the migration of our old app under PowerBuilder 5 to 2019.  Now, it seems the main window on the application is not define.  How do I initial it?   I looked at the error message under the Help option but I don't see anything simi...
  We have migrated our code from PB11 to PB19-R2 and seeing following behaviours. - Horzontal and Verticle Scroll Bars are not fully visible.- TAB control's header are not fully visible We tried adjusting the various UI properties for TAB, Windo...
Hi, i'm migrating from PB 12.5 to PB 2019-R2. In PB 12.5 to get the path of the userprofile folder, I used this syntax declaring an external global function. FUNCTION Long GetTempPath(Long nBufferLength, REF String lpBuffer) LIBRARY "KERNEL32.DLL"...
Hello Does anyone have a function that will convert a string to barcode 128? I download the free font CODE128, but now I need to calculate the value to feed it. I want to avoid the need to purchase from ID Automation.   Thank You Tom    ...
Hello,   I have a requirement to check feasibility of saving a datawindow report to '.xlsx' format using an executable built in PowerBuilder 2017 R3. The constraint is that the host machine on which the executable will be running will not have any ...
Hi all, does the PowerBuilder RestClient support Integrated Windows Authentication using "WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate" machanism?Can someone point me to a description or appeon support website that describes in detail which Authentication Methods ar...
Good morning, The application I am trying to migrate contains two main PBLs.  The scms.pbl has objects (exe file).   The second PBL (jyw.pbl)  doesn't seem to have any objects. Once we selected and click Next, it will follow with an error messag...
Hi all, So I am having the issue from trying to get Ctrl + C/V/X  (copy paste cut) to work while using a Ribbonbar. How we used to do it was in the menu object, we would call of_SendMessage("pfc_copy"). So when I setting up my ribbonbar parent objec...

There are no discussions available here currently