Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi everybody, I have an issue with the JsonPackage Setvalue() function.The help file says: "Sets the value for a key.  .... If the key already exists, then overwrite the value of this key".To me that sounds like: If you set a value of a key in an lo...
Can PowerBuilder 2019 R3 run at PowerServer 2016 environment? or any place I can find the compatible chart for PowerServer and PowerBuilder...
Hello, Team I have started testing conversion with Snap Develop and I am confused by the documentation. What's unclear from the documentation how SnapDevelop is supposed to convert classes, which are derived from transaction class. And how can the...
Powerbuilder 2022 build 1900running on IIS windows 10 (on debug mode) Hello peopleI wanted to ask about the response time of a request from the end client to the powerserver app if it is enough by changing the "ConnectionTimeOut" property in applica...
Hello, Team When I convert my fully running desktop app to PowerServer I get an unclear error. I am running in the local dev environment with SAP SQL Anywhere DB's, located locally and available. At some point, for an unexplained reason (not happe...
Hi, Looking to deploy a program to Powerserver but have two questions 1. Our program currently uses an OCX to access the serial port, will this still work onces it is deployed to the powerserver? 2. Can you access standard windows TCP sockets thro...
Hi there, I would like to group the same articles on a single line on our invoices... As a matter of fact, these articles are managed with serial numbers (there is consequently a line per Serial Number in the datasource) Of course, each Item has t...
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I've been away from PB coding for a couple years now and trying to get back up to speed, especially on the new PowerServer functionality. When I deploy PS for an app does that also essentially give me a web api that...
Hello All,   I've had a strange error crop up in the last couple months on an app deployed and in use for many year without issue. My hunch is that it relates to a windows update security change or something else in the users security environment. ...
We have always compiled our resources into the EXE but as more images get added it just keeps expanding the size of it.  I started compiling them into a PBD but before I decide to change our deployment I wanted to know if anyone had any opinions on t...
Good morning. I am trying to use the PowerBuilder Runtime Packager (2021 1506) to create a Merge Module (.msm) file to include in our InstallShield deployment. By default, the runtime packager seems to use ProgramFiles (x86) \ Appeon \ Version (I th...
Hello everyone, I'm a real begginner with PowerBuilder, so excuse my ignorance, and in addition I'm French, so forgive me my way of expressing myself.  In a window I would like to create synamically some object like with the code bellow : integer ...
Is anyone aware of a reliable PowerBuilder Powerscript way to identify if a string contains UTF-8 characters or not ?  ...
Deart PB team i having a problem donwloading the PB 2022 installler   any other way to download the PB Runtime I manage to download the SDK from MS site the PB IDE and the common files are downloaded with no problems   i can not donwload it in ...
Hi!!!   Use PowerClient. we use SSO.   PowerClient link is  https://{domain}/{powerclient App}/index.html?123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678...
Something is wrong either with code or PB and have no idea why when window height and width is not bigger enough, the code where i check TypeOf() objects in control array of a window, TypeOf function fails. And if i increase width and height then Ty...
Hello, In properties of a regular column in DW, in Edit Tab, there is a check box - 'Display Only', this gives an option to copy(focus on the column) the value of the column and not to change the value (Tab Order > 0). Is there a way to use 'Dis...
Buenas tardes   Favor me podrían informar cuales son los .dll que se necesita para ejecutar una aplicación de escritorio en Power Builder 2022     Cordialmente   Carlos    ...
How it could be assigning a picture and text data together from  a PB control   to a data window column?...
Hello all I have PDF files (retrieved from database BLOB). I need to compress these files. How do I do it? Is there any utility or tool available that I could use from within my PowerBuilder application? Thanks in advance. Raja  ...

There are no discussions available here currently