Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Team, We have an application called Occusource which is getting XML feed from other system and verifying in Occusouce by using XMLParseString function. We are facing issue like if there is any special character on the XML then it is returning -1 and...
Hi I am trying to achieve a lock method to edit records (rows) and notify users which user has the record locked, using SQL Server.  For that it would requiere to: Use WITH (UPDLOCK) in the select of the datawindow Have the id of the row with th...
Hi dear  now i am using desktop power builder program with SQL DB on cloud server , client access data base on cloud but it is working too slow can i find solution for that ? thanks...
Hey All,Returning to PB community after 4 years absence. Sorry, y'all! Anybody has any experience connect PB app to Google's Big Query using any kind of DB driver?These days I sadly do more data then PowerScript. Maybe I can cross back, especially i...
Hi Experts, I have two projects, one with PFC (PowerBuilder Foundation Class) and another without PFC. In a scenario where a window is inherited from PFC windows, I need to move only the descendant window into another project without moving the PFC ...
Good morning!Is it possible to insert a watermark into a richtextedit object?Grateful....
Hello, would anyone advise on how to efficiently setup user impersonation in a datacontext? In PB I can connect a DB as dba and then issue the statement EXECUTE AS mmeoni, so that all subsequent SQL statements will execute as user mmeoni, but still...
Hello, I have to write a log to user actions, I want to get the current function / event name and row number in paint code. Can I do it dynamic? THanks, CHava....
Hi, this issue is since PB2017 and now we see the same behavior in PB2022 R2. The text under the X and Y coordinate appears in the opposite direction and I believe that it is the same in all right to left languages....
Hello, i'm using the new SMTPClient and it's working good but i've noticed a strange behaviour when i look at the sent email Even if I add only one recipient  and only one attachment to the message, the recipient always gets multiple sender referenc...
Getting "Unresolvable external pbdom_document when linking reference at line..." error when executing the following line: ldom_doc = CREATE PBDOM_Document   ldom_doc was declared as: PBDOM_Document ldom_doc In the PowerServer debugger, ldom_doc ...
Hi    I am using PB2022 Build1900. DB Mssql.  I have problem when 3 and above cloudpp/application running concurrently where it will update the same table for a value.  It always failed to update the table at the very last cloudapp/application. I dn...
Hi all, My application registers with Windows as a DDE Server, and communicates with several different 3rd party apps through DDE.  We're just now exploring how to communicate via Excel by the same means. In Excel, I put a button on the worksheet t...
Best regard. Is there a way to auto-adjust the font size in a datawindow field? This is in order not to enlarge the size of the field or column of the datawindow, but rather to adjust the font size. I require it, because I do not want the dimensio...
Does anyone know how i can make the datawindow saveas functionality creates the excel file with the Program Name populated with Microsoft Excel?  I'm saving my dw data to excel file and wants to use Syncfusion to open and manipulate the file as ne...
Last year there was indication of a community version of Appeon Powerbuilder. This would be inline with most of the other development platforms where there are low cost or no cost developer versions.  These types of licenses are important in several ...
  Our C# application needs to use a specific business feature within a PowerBuilder application. As advised by our technical team, the C# application will send instructions to the PowerBuilder application using commands. The PowerBuilder application...
Hi all, I have a transaction (n_tr) object that uses its sqlpreview event to log all embedded SQL, to w_sqlspy (PFC classes). It works great, but I'd like to get information of where this embedded sql came from. It is really difficult to simply loo...
In PB, I have a print feature to print a string directly to a Zebra label printer.  The string includes Escape characters with formatting commands. It works great in my PB app. ll_job = PrintOpen("Label",TRUE) li_rc = Print(ll_job, ls_ZPL) li_rc =...
The reference for the Print method when printing a single DataWindow or DataStore states that for DataStores, "the canceldialog argument must always be set to false." Why is that? Link to reference page: https://docs.appeon.com/pb2022/datawindow_re...

There are no discussions available here currently