Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello all, we are running into issues running Infomaker 2019 on our Windows 10 Enterprise PCs. At various times of the day, both Infomaker and Jenzabar crash and report a Fatal Disk Error coming from the Library Manager. Both Jenzabar and Infomaker a...
Hi,  Does anybody knows what will happen to web apps using PowerServer 2020 and the Appeon IE plugin after 6/15 (MS upcoming change)? Will it work?  What are the alternatives?   Thanks, Tal.  ...
Hi, I have been assigned to maintain/update an older app written PB 10.5. I was able to upgrade the app to PB 2017 without any issue. The app is a non-visual exe that is triggered through a job after every 30 minutes and is doing some mathematical ...
PowerBuilder 2019 R3 build 2728, and other older versions. We've started getting more customers with random crashes in the past few months. I suspect many, if not all, are related to the known issue with PowerBuilder and Windows Accessibility, and t...
PB 2021 - build 1506.   I am posting this issue to Q&A so others are aware of it but I am also submitting this as a bug. We have been trying to reproduce this issue consistently - it seems to happen frequently within our main application and onl...
Hi, I've got a new machine, Windows 10 Version 21H2. I installed PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2353. When I try to connect my projects to Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, PB crashes with no message. Steps: 1. Open Workspace 2. Open Library Painter 3. R...
Good morning Community. I have a problem. If I connect via 'connect to workspace' to a project stored on dev.azure.com project regeneration fails. see attachment: error.png and log file FileRegenerate.zip. I was able to create the same error with ...
I am using PB2021 build 1311 and have a process that reads a local HTML file using the PB webbrowser control.  This HTML file is an image gallery than can vary in size from 1 image to 7000+ images.  The images are on the local network.   Sometimes, ...
Hi It looks like NavigationStart event is called when the webbrowser object is created (or drawn etc). Plus it seems to be called asynchronously because: If there's no Navigate() called in Open event of the window then only this 'ghost' NavigationS...
Does anyone have either any successful examples of using HTTPClient to consume a .Net Web API that requires XML to be passed to it? OR know why I’m receiving the error\issues below when trying to pass the XML? I’m using PowerBuilder 2021 Profe...
Hello, all I have a very big application, which connects to multiple DBs via ODBC. I would like to use DBTrace in order to see which selects takes too much time or being repeated more than it needs to. My question is - how can I set up tracing to ...
Hi Everyone, Is there any way to control the acceleration of an editmask spin control??  If user keeps up/down arrow pressed of an editmask spin control it changes the display value at a certain rate. Is there any way to increase or decrease this a...
Have develop Powerserver2021 application, i wanted to ask if it's advisable to host Client, API and database in different servers....
Hi, I have a trouble with event rowfocuchanging.  I have a window with 4 tabpage. In the last tabpage, there are 3 datawindow. the 3 datawindow contains a list and for each row of the list, it is a dropdowndatawindow. When i open the window, the ...
Hi, We are Migrating to PB2021. For source control, we have TFS and we use MSSCCI to connect to PB. Now when I check in for the first time, one example mentioned below: PBL had 50-60 object. Clicked Add to Source Control. Put in comments and the p...
Just upgraded from PB 11.5 (circa 2008) to PB 2021. PB 11.5 never had the ability to search all source code of a workspace or target.  In the TWELVE years they had to improve the IDE, they never implemented search all?  Wow.  Just wow.My old solutio...
Hi Community, In this application, the users have a problem cutting and pasting from Excel. The paste operation is failing to paste data into "Datawindow Single Line Edit" fields. Afaict, it is because the clipboard of the Excel cell contains a CR...
Hi All,   We are upgraded our PB version from PB 6.5 to PB2017 version. Application are working fine in all the functionality. But we are facing performance issue while we searching any records in any of the screen it takes more than 4 min. But app...
 Hi,           Our application is in PB2017 R3, we are using 2D Barcode scanner (Model: DS2208) to scan the barcode and display the scanner output on Datawindow – Edit (Style Type) column, To get the barcode scanner data, Placing the cursor on Dataw...
你好: 请问下怎样可以把手机上的dw中的数据保存为excel或者pdf 文件保存在手机上面,方便把数据转发给他人 谢谢...

There are no discussions available here currently