Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I need to get all pbls files from my computer (C,D,E,etc..). I did checked the dirlist, dirselect functions. but no use...   ...
Our app is PowerBuilder 2019 Build 2170 and we use InfoMaker 2019 Build 2170. IM can be launched from the app so that users can customize reports. We'll be moving to PB 2021 in a couple weeks so we can make our spring release using 2021.   We have ...
Hi, I have a developer that had their computer fail, they have re-installed PB 2019 Cloud, but are getting this error when trying to start up their local PowerServer: I have logged the user out, but that didn't help them. I then unassigned their ...
Started with PB 2021 on the wrong foot. After creating the Runtime package for version  21.0.0.1311 got an error while running the app on the test server (no IDE installed, only runtime)   There is currently no matching version,Lowest Supported Ve...
Hi.I have problems to get the correct utf-filename of files, dropped to may window.I am using DragQueryFileA to get the filenames, that are dropped to my window. It is implemented like this:    function ulong DragQueryFileA( ulong ul_Drop, ulong ul_i...
Tengo una imagen guardada en la base de datos ORACLE como tipo de dato Blob. Para visualizarla por pantalla se lo hace a traves del objeto Picture Control pero la necesidad es poder bajarlo al disco duro como un archivo JPG. Es posible hacer esto o c...
Is it possible to check in Powerscript if code is running in Powerserver or as a PB application. Standard PB application reads/write to local disk - when it is deployed those files are placed in different folder. Is there a function or a status to ...
To everyone in the Appeon Community: Happy New Year and best wishes for 2022! Count your blessings, be grateful, be safe, be kind and content. John...
Hi, we need send JSON to API of a client, but have estrange problem when send of the mobile this JSON { "CUD":"0600050000963933550106", "Estado":"Entregado", "SubEstado":"Entrega Exitosa", "Courier":"CONECTA", "Fecha":"2021-03-02 21:54:57", "...
Hi All,   I migrated a PB 11.5 version application to PB 2021 version from IDE it works well, but when I deploy the application stops after login successful, I believe I have all deployment files as mentioned in the help file I am missing something...
please can i run my app  power server 2021  at  Web Browser  ?    ...
PB Version 2019 R# Build 2703 MySQL 5.7.24   When changing one column in a compound key of the parent table, PB deletes all the children in the child table.  This happens regardless of using Insert / Delete or Update on the Update Rows option.  At...
please help abot powerserver 2021     ...
Hello, PB 2019 R3, PostgreSQL 11 Is there any way to print a report in the background and return the control (cursor) to the application immediately ? In the printing function, we retrieve data from the database in a datawindow, do some setItem an...
I have a problem with new Chromium based WebBrowser to show XML-files in spite I have used constructor and  WebBrowserSet("allow-file-access-from-files","true") seems that it only reads first row. Files like *.pdf or *.jpg are shown correctly. XML-f...
Hi all I cannot figure out how to compile a stored procedure (SP) in the database painter in PowerBuilder's IDE. Could someone point me to where the steps are? Thank you CJ...
I'm experiencing an issue for a window with a Rich Text Edit control. When the window containing the control is first opened we get an error:OLE Error Error Code: 80030003Followed by another: Error creating OLE storageThe window then opens, but the R...
Hello, Need to connect to a web PostgreSQL database from a PB application, to run DDL statements.  Our configuration of pg_hba.conf allows connection from localhost only.   I can connect to that database from PGAdmin by configuring SSL Tunnel.   Is...
Hi, My next project at my company is to integrate processing credit card payments using Moneris. Decision has been made to use Moneris iframe. does anybody know how to use iframes from powerbuilder? Powerbuilder version is 12.5 classic. thanks ...
Hello All, I notice once our application (created in Powerbuilder) is opened; the winspool automatically preloaded the printer drivers.  Is there a way to not preload the printer drivers when the application is opened?  Can it load the printer driv...

There are no discussions available here currently