Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We upgraded our application from PB7 to PB2019R3 . There is a problem with previous reports which saved with PB7, the previous reports with PB7 cannot open on application PB2019 although I did change :  SQLCA.DBMS = "ASE Adaptive Server Enterprise"S...
Guys,   Our SVN currently prompts us to migrate the workspace after checking out the project. What was the reason for this? and how to fix this issue? Upon completing the migration, it throws so many errors and it doesn't appear to be the latest so...
Hi I apply theme in application, but when in code change backgroundcolor in a groupbox not change gb_4.backcolor=rgb(255,0,0)   NOT WORK after theme apply   Thanks Luis...
I created a new GIT repo in Azure DevOps.  Added my power builder source using "Add to Source Control" option in Powerbuilder 2021. Was able to push the source to the Azure DevOps repo with no issues. When I try a GIT Pull in Powerbuilder, I get an...
Hi I have a web Service with return json  (for report) my question is , how can design the report in PB IDE with dw designer if the data come from web service and see how the report is going   is a new report, the connection is with other applicat...
Hi  I can make specific field / column (  fld_date ) with one color ( blue)  in all my datawindow  with Theme ...?? if is yes  how...?? or other method   thanks  Luis...
In very old versions of Infomaker (6.5) it was possible to view report results with Print Preview turned off.   However this feature was taken away from Infomaker at some point so reports can now only be viewed ever in Print.Preview mode.  I know tha...
I have an 21 app that is being built using ORCAScript on my build server. I consistently get the message "Errors encountered during import/compile.  Check SMS log." What is the SMS log, and where can I find it? Is there a way to see more informat...
PowerBuilder 2019R3 b2703Windows 64 bit platformPostgreSQL databaseI have declared a FUNCTION in the PG database as follows:         f_cabs_glextract_master (vin_date IN character varying, session_id OUT character varying) What I need to know is how ...
Hi friends, Wondering if it's possible to drag a file from Filer Explorer and drop it on a datawindow?  I have a tab that allows the user to "attach" files to a workorder.  Right now, they right-click then select Add File.  The code calls GetFileOpe...
Hi everyone, I need to install the appeon on Windows 11, two days ago I installed the appeon on Edge and Chrome, and after the installation is successful, the browser is white and does not see the appeon.  Does anyone know what I should do or what ...
Hi Guys and Girls, I've made a (pretty chaotic, but maybe useful) presentation on how to get Crystal Reports working with powerbuilder: 1. Download the zip file and uncompress it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12dCqtlXQZIJyyJ_sIWpfM4jHduvpu82z/vi...
All - I'm new to the application I'm working on.  It's OLD, but was migrated to Appeon 2017 a few years ago. They have a window with an "Apply" button and a "Cancel" button. Correct me if I'm wrong - but if they click Apply and then click Cancel, ...
I want to query ACTIVE DIRECTORY for a particular user.   I am creating a login and I want to make sure they are in the active directory.   Can I get all the domains they are active in?        ...
Hello,   Good Morning, I have an issue with my Powerbuilder 2019 R3, I can't see the autoscript option. How I can activate this option?   Kind regards and thank you in advanced. ...
Hello:Back in March we migrated from PB 2017 to PB 2021 (we are now on MR 1509).  Since March some of our users are experiencing a situation where the picture buttons no long display words or images, and fonts become larger and are bold, and the main...
There is a dataWindow object . I have a text box inside this as grid . This DW is called on another form . Form has this DW and a save button  When I put value in text box in DW grid text box and click save button then for a moment the value of tex...
Hello,   I'm trying to migrate mi app from Powerbuilder 12.6 to Powerbuilder 19, i have some problems:   - I have a Web Browser with Microsoft web browser in a OLE object, but when I try to use a Web Browser, how to use the chrome explorer? And t...
hi, i'm using PB2019 and i have a problem with the JVM. Is it possible to set the JRE runtime when I call the JVM from executable?I need to set a particular JRE in an application regardless of the one set in the PC where I am running the applicatio...
HI, I need to send a file through whatsapp. I used below method. but a small doubt. int li_connect ole_wsh = Create OleObjectli_connect = ole_wsh.ConnectToNewObject("WScript.Shell") // ole_wsh.Run(whatsapp exe path here ) ole_wsh.appActivate("Wha...

There are no discussions available here currently