Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi,   I setup a database profile thru PowerBuilder IDE (2017 R3.) Wnen I check the "Encrypt All Results" option under Security tab (as below screen) and test the connectivity, it throws the error mentioned in second screenshot. Can you help in sort...
Hello, In PB2017R3 when you do dw.SaveAs XLSX! an there is a cell with more than 32767 characters (character size limit of Ecel's cell) - resulting .xlsx file will consider this cell unreadable in MicroSoft Excel. At the same time Open Office just t...
Hola a todos.   como puedo cargar archivo que contiene mas de 10,000 registros, a traves de una aplicacion appeon web? es posible? de no ser así, que otra alternativas debería usar para cargar un archivo con mas de 10,000 registros a traves de appe...
  Hello, we have migrated your mdi application to use the Ribbonbar. All works fine but we are missing one thing. In the old menu there was automaticly under Window/Fenster a list of all opened sheets/windows. Is there something similar in the ribb...
Hi, I am currently using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1915.  The company had upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Since the upgraded there came up a strange behavior.  Every time when user tried to upload file, the app would crash between 2 - 5 minutes....
Buen día tengo el siguiente problema con mi gestor de base de datos(MYSQL): 1)INTEGER LI_ROWS SELECT COUNT(id_obra) INTO :LI_ROWS FROM obras_trabajador USING SQLCA;   ERROR:FUNCTION BD.COUNT does not exist. Check the 'Function Name Parsi...
I am running PB 2019 R2 build 2353.  I currently use MS SQL Server.  I am in the process of converting to MySQL version 8.0.21.  I am able to connect to the database no problem using ODBC drivers.  I converted one of the simpler applications and it c...
Hello All, i need to call the WS located in :190.104.150.226:8033/MidaSoftware2/MidaSoftare when we call MidaNovedades in SoapUi we get all the accents. when we call it from PB we lost the characters we set the same encondigo (UTF-8) this is the c...
Hi.   Is there any known limitations in HttpClient.sendrequest() when it comes to the size of the "payload"? I have successfully managed to invoke a SOAP WS service using HTTPClient now. There are to methods available - GetVersion (no args) and C...
When entering the platform through the Google Chrome browser, the system generates the attached error, please validate the informationError instantiating the encryption ActiveX which would be the solution since it enabled the activeX and the message...
I just upgraded to PowerServer 2020. We did all of our development using PowerServer 2019 with no problems. Since the update to 2020, no one can access our web app. Everyone receives the message, "The Appeon Xcelerator plug-in cannot be loaded." This...
Hi, I am using PB 2019 32 bit application on Windows 10 64 bit. when I call RegistryGet function as in this example: RegistryGet("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intercad\Polis\comune","comune",RegString!,gCodiceComune) i got the registry value from...
Hi,   I have a question regarding the Mobile app deployment, I have deployed an app and used Android Studio to make the APK.   The app installs on my Samsung s8 on Andorid 8 but I can't install on an Samsung Android 10 Tablet. When I try to insta...
Where does Powerbuilder 2019 store the information about whether a workspace is under source control.  I've found that if a put a workspace under Git Source control and then copy the folder containing the workspace and Git repository to another locat...
Hi All,   Could you please help me the below two questions. 1. Actually we are using two applications and both are windows based application and developed by PowerBuilder.    One application we are using  powerbuilder version 6.5 and connected to...
I would like to have a function run that checks to see if users have all the needed 3rd party addons installed before I let them start using that feature.   So far I have created a simple routine that checks to see if registry entries are there.  If...
Version: PB 2017 R3 Build 1880 Desktop Windows 10 Built help file using robohelp. Using command showhelp (location, Keyword!, topic) option. Issue: the help file comes up correctly at the desired location but it won't lose focus when I either cli...
Good Day - My team is currently evaluating (well, about to start if I get the right answer, here) Ultimate Suite for PB in PB2019.  I am not expecting Appeon to provide support for Ultimate Suite, but I need to know if Ultimate Suite will work in P...
What is the format of the Match string for the Match function when the character can be a Number, an Uppercase letter, or a space.  The letters and numbers are easy, but how do I include the space?   Thanks...
We are attempting to implement the PB Web Control in an application for displaying documents with some issues.  One developer can get it to run correctly by running as admin, one gets a memory error issue, and the third one just has the app close out...

There are no discussions available here currently