Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Good Morning! We recently upgraded to PB 2019 and had some complaints from our users in the Citrix environment where their default printer was not being set correctly.  At the time we tried to implement a suggestion found here by adding an option th...
Hi, I'd like to apply a theme, but only on tab-page labels. It works well, but something goes wrong when resizing.I'm using the PFC routines for the resize. The Json file contains drawing false for every control, except the "tab". See 2 attached i...
Hi, when opening PB17, I got the following message: Failed to load license files. If the problem persists, please reinstall PowerBuilder. PB closes after closing the message box. What causes this problem and is it realy necessary to reinstall  PB or...
PB 2019 R2 (19.1.0.2353) Powerbuilder tries to load the following dll's when using PB and in the compiled exe: 1. pbstatusbar190.dll 2. pbdynamictab190.dll to 1.: The dll is installed when PB is installed but is not included when creating the run...
Hi All, We have several PB2017 applications that do extensive OLE automation to create formatted Excel reports.  The formatting that we do is anything from basic column formatting (numeric and date) up to creating multi-tabbed workbooks with Auto Fi...
Hi everyone, About resizable response windows: I've checked all I could find on google, but no luck. I do have a working version of a resizable response window (using the windows SetWindowLong API), but I can't figure out how to show a "gripper" i...
In old versions of PB there was no need to register the sybase excel dlls for their .net excel save as. This appeared to have changed sometime between 12.6 and 2017R3.    I've seen some conflicting information on whether it supposed to be required t...
I purchased a license for PB 2017, installed the new version, and successfully migrated my PB12.5 project. However, when attempting to log in now, from the 'Log on to PowerBuilder' window, I click the logon button and get the pop-up to ent...
Hi Folks,  I have unique issue happens in both the PowerBuilder Versions 11.5 and Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 Version. Any help will highly appreciated. This is my issue. I have ocx built in 2002 and deployed and working well with Windows Server 200...
In PB 2017R2, I have a window ultimately inherited from pfc_w_sheet.  The window contains dynamically created dw controls based on number of rows in a db table.  The window has a vertical scrollbar, but when the number of controls hits a certain numb...
Hello, i have create an appeon app.Wehn i launch it in Powerbuilder it will launch normally. When I deply it and run it via Run, I Become the Error: Connection-Error: Invalid argument I Use a 64 bit Worksation with the Powerbuilder Version: 2019 R2...
We switched to PowerBuilder PB2019 R2 Build 2353 and today was the first time I had to change a datawindow.... :-)   When I open a DW in the DW-Painter all is ok and I can see data in the "Preview"-Section...   But if I want to change the datasou...
How can i send a PDF file to whatsapp using powerbuilder?...
Have been using Powerbuilder and Sybase databases since 1992.  Trying for the first to connect with SSL.  Some mention PBSYC.sql which we have used in the past but I can not find the 170 version.  Not sure if this is the issue or something elsle I am...
We've migrated to PowerBuilder 2019 r2 from PB 12.5.  All is working well so far even the web serivces we call with the old .net web service proxy using a wsdl URL.  To future proof the application it appears from the PB documentation that we should ...
Hi Guys anyone of you knows if is possible configuring theme file .json in order to have this window title bar:   As you can see there is a color gradient and yellow row a the bottom...   Thanks in advance ...
Update:   After searching the Registry for duplicate entries, I found this:    Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\CSGI\ICABS4_5   I deleted this entry manually, and then the RegistryGet () function worked correctly. ...
My organization is moving our subversion from one server to another. Our PB2019 desktops are configured to look at the old server. I tried updating every instance i could find in the registry to the new server name but the source control tab on the w...
HiI uploaded an application generated to testflight with power server 2019 and xcode10.I upload the build version 1.8 on 28/08/2019, that version was accepted and dont sent me a message error but when I uploaded the version 1.9 and 2.0 on 29/08/2019 ...
I have an PB app that I am using metadata and modify to move columns and text around.  I am having two issues that I think I can work around if I can figure out one of two approaches.     1 - when I use the font.escapement property to rotate a colu...

There are no discussions available here currently