Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Everyone, I'm having an issue on a VM (Windows 10 Enterprise , 64 bit, 12 GB Ram). I'm using a timer to start a windows login application, but for some reason timer event never runs. Any idea about this issue. I ran same application on a differen...
I'm using infomaker 17 and have a form with dropdown choices for a field that need editing but I cannot figure how to open the data view (I believe that's what it's called) to make changes. ...
good morning I'm starting to work with PostgreSQL, but I'm having some difficulties. It looks like an IDE problem. Can anyone help me ? I attach Print Screen   1) i see the tables   2) if i selecct a table i can't see the columns   3) i...
Hi, I'm using PB 2017. starting from few days ego,when compiling an object,  I am not getting a display errors of the compilation. the save icon continue being blue ( does not become grey). The help message on the bottom left says "saving user obje...
Hello guru I'm playing with the branches. From what I understand, whenever I change the branch I have to do a 'refresh'. is it right? but ..... I noticed that the exported files on the folders do not match. In particular there are many mo...
Hi There, Is it possible to set the background colour for grid datawindows to be different than all other datawindows in the theme.json file for PowerBuilder 2019 Build 2082? If not, is this a feature included in PowerBuilder 2019 r2? Thanks,...
Hello, For those who switch to Powerbuilder, a real world sample application with suggested ways to write business logic in a nvo, which could be coverted to C# for cloud conversion, will be better.  In powerbuilder separating the business logic and...
Hello, support I need to know how to set up a page size for DW, which is being printed on a continuous sheet.  We are talking about a cash register app, which is printing long receipts. I need to avoid page breaks even if there are 200 rows in the ...
Where should I look into when the fileservice folder (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\fileservice is not there) is missing after a Successful fileserver setup.exe run? Thanks...
Hello guys I'm trying to read file size, modification date and file type from all files in a given path. The idea is to simulate a Windows Explorer inside a PB window.  I'm not aware of an object or function inside Appeon, so I will use any of the...
Buenos dias He migrado mi aplicación de pb a la web pero cuando lo ejecuto no me muestra las imágenes de fondo que le puse a mis dw, solo muestra las imágenes de los picture control se tiene que realizar algún paso adicional?. Cuando migre le puse l...
Version 2019 Build 2082 Win10 64bit pc   Was just told to make 64 bit versions of all my projects and realizing I'm completely lost.   Having trouble running my app after compiling it for a 64 bit platform. (32 works fine)   In troubleshooting...
We are replacing instances of the deprecated SelectToStore() method in our web api.  In the code below (line 2) we switched 'SelectToStore' to 'Select'.  However, we now get an error on the last line.  The error is attached.  What is the proper synta...
We have recently gone from PowerBuilder 12.6 to PowerBuilder 2017 R3 The method GetSqlSelect() (in DataWindow) has changed its behaviour in a compiled environment. If the datasource in the datawindow isa saved with graphical design then the method G...
In order to create a .NET API  I am trying to connect to Sybase ASE databases on our servers. They can connect in PowerPoint 2019 R2 but not in SnapDevelop. Is there any way to make the Connection via a Connection string etc. I am trying to Add a Dat...
private function long load_adres_dok (string asidf_dok, ref str_adrms adres);str_adrms ladr, empty_adr adres = empty_adr select first 1 trim(cod_ime_osi('eknm_d',eknm))||' ОБЩ.'||trim(cod_ime_obs(eknm))||' ОБЛ.'||trim(cod_ime_obl(eknm))||' '||cod_i...
Hi everyone, I have an old application with an outdated UI that needs to be modernized.On start up, this application shows a small window with multiple buttons (as Accounting, Human Resources, etc).Clicking on a button will open a new window with a ...
When I look at the ws_object folder and in the pibble in my target, it shows that there are changes that needs to be committed. But when I compare it to the master source control, there are no changes. I have refresh, rebuiild resolve,etc to try to ...
Hi Everyone,   I am using Powerbuilder classic 2017R2 build 1769(32 bit) and windows 10. I am not able to use c++ dll in my application. I got runtime error as "R021 - Bad runtime function reference". My C++ dll code is:- int __declspec(dllexport...
Hello, I am trying to get an app deployed to both android store and apple store. I first want to update to the latest PowerServer, of which it tells me would be 2020 Build 2323 and that I would upgrade from Build 2020 2279. But when I try to updat...

There are no discussions available here currently