Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, We're upgrading a legacy PB application to PowerServer 2021. In the application Handle(GetApplication()) = 0 is used to determine if the application is being run from the PB IDE. Unfortunately when running the new PowerServer project from the ...
Hello everyone; Please, could you provide me more details about where or how to configure "Connection Pooling"?. It also seems that the table to configure the timeout in different DBs would be missing in the documentation. https://docs.appeon.com/...
Hello, We installed a PowerServer 2020 in a server and deployed a mobile application there that connects to an Oracle database. It all worked correctly and our customer could begin to work with it. But some days later the mobile application began t...
Hi PB users, We try to solve a crash problem with PB 2019 R2, that occurs in the constructor event of a user object instantiated by a window running with MS windows server 2019 and task scheduler with "Run whether user is logged on or not" mode. Wi...
Hello, In PB 10.5 One of our customers, require current page number to get printed at the bottom of the every page, in the Label type datawindow.  Is it possible ?     ...
Hi, I'm migrating my users to use our application via PowerClient. Every now and then, a user receives a message saying port 26568 is in use when trying to run the CloudAppInstaller (image attached). We are in a hosted, Citrix environment. My guess...
PB2021 R1 build 1288 I can't seem to find a way to have the dw_1.SaveAs('', PDF!, TRUE) open the Save As dialog window in a specific directory - it always just goes to the current directory. I even tried to put a ChangeDirectory(ls_initdir) before ...
Hi All, My program is generating reports in excel format which contains 8 sheets. It is batch program to pick up the request from the queue, generate the reports, and send them to the user. And 4 sessions are running at the same time to process the ...
We are currently on IDE 2019 R3 2703 and using Runtime 2703 in production. We would like to get bug fix 6504 out into our production. It is listed as DataWindow category. Can we update our IDE to 2728, but use Runtime 2703, and recreate the executa...
Hello This is something specific, we are migrating some process to C#, but there is some Encryt/Decrypt code in PB that we would want to have something similar with c#, could someone tells us how to translate this section? same public/private keys, ...
Hi, I'm trying to convert a legacy PowerBuilder application to an installable cloud app using PowerServer 2021. The app runs, but I get an "ORA-12541: TNS: No listener" message when I try connecting to the database. I see that I get a warning in t...
Hi, I am getting database connection timeouts on a PowerServer 2020 web application even when in use (not idle).  Seems to be after several minutes.   The app will automatically reconnect to the Oracle 12c database but the fallout is that the sessio...
Hi all,   I wonder if any of you ran into this issue before. After having checked out and modified any object from SVN (using PBSCC proxy) there is no way to compare the local working copy to the latest revision. "Show Differences" opens WinMerge,...
I've installed Appeon PowerBuilder Professional edition IDE 2019 R3 build 2670 but I also need localized runtime files to deploy in spanish computers and the last ones, PB 2019 R2 build 2353, don't work? Any solution?   Thank you.   Delfí Sabade...
Dear Team, I would like to create a ribbonbar menu from table data. Example: I have a table name : menus_table Create table menus_table(menu_text varchar(50), menu_level_1 varchar(2) ,menu_level_2 varchar(2),menu_level_3 varchar(2)) insert into m...
Hi, I've got a question which is a little bit similar to this one https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/cloudapppublisher-centralized-deployment. I've been testing the new PowerClient deployment for our apps and I'm still not 100% sure how t...
Hello, I would like to further discuss CloudAppLauncher, because my issue is same as this but haven't found the solution. I'm running PowerServer instead of PowerClient, but that makes no difference since the issue is when starting the app frontend...
Not able to install PB2019R3 2728 and PB2019 2170 on same machine. We have a requirement, sometimes to develop few changes in older version 2170 but not able to load older version without doing full build and run our application using IDE. Wanted t...
Dear Team, Is there any option to create APK android from powerbuilder 2021?  Powerbuilder 2021, AEM trial not included. Is not required to develop mobile app. because my main aim to develop mobile app? plz advise me  thank you ...
Good Afternoon! We have 2 applications written in PB2019 R3 2703 Runtime 19.2.0.2703. 1.) One is run automatically to generate PDF reports thru datawindow and save the PDFs into our database. 2.) The other one is users involved which means our use...

There are no discussions available here currently