Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Suddenly last week Bitdefender decided our application was evil.  It quarantined our main application but did not seem to mind a few other PB applications. It also quarantined a test application I downloaded from TopWiz to see how to send SMTP emails...
Hello team Is any whay to select if the SAVEAS and saveasformattedtext with ENCONDINGUTF8! to USE UTF8 without BOM or with BOM. We have a end customer that is having problems cause the the BOM...
Hello Team, We have a problem with one function - Repaint(), which we were able to use without issues in PB 9.03, but now - after migrating the application to the new version PB 2019 R3 using the migration tool - the function execution thows errors....
How to restrict multiple logins from same pc?...
Is it possible for PowerBuilder 2021 to direct communicate with TFS or does it still need a bridge between?...
Hi All I would like to get your input on how to handle a series of database transactions (Insert/Update) in PowerBuilder 2017, R3. In my application, a business process calls for 3 different database tables' insert/update. (Let's call them tables T...
Hi, Am using FileCopy, it works fine when copying from application folder. How can i copy file from other folder for example desktop folder or drive c?     ls_to = sle_1.text    ls_from = sle_2.text     li_FileNum = FileCopy (ls_from,ls_to,FALSE) ...
HelloI ran the application using iwa in the Chrome browser.Chrome has been updated this time.The issue of Cross Domain occurred as chromium was updated.If you call 127.0.0.1 when accessing the websocket used by iwa, it is not accessible by Cross Doma...
Hi Gurus, How can I pass parameter to IWA Application to get parameter value in "commandline" argument in Application object. Following is my IWA path and <username> is changed according to installation. "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Lo...
I have a computed field on a datawindow that is set to a value of: "Description: " + trim(legal_description) I've been requested to hide this entire field should the text overflow the allocated size, width: 2903, height 192, Autosize Height false. W...
Hi Friends, I've got a datawindow that I use for query... in my code, I stop after every 250 rows and ask user if they want to retrieve more. I was editing the datawindow, and it automatically retrieves EVERYTHING... over 200,000 rows.  The message...
Hello, I currently have PowerBuilder version 12.0 for Windows x86 - 32bit and I want to migrate to a newer version.Which version should I choose? 2019R3 or 2021?Can you tell me if I can migrate directly from version 12.0 to the new version.Could bei...
Hi there, We recently upgrade from Powerbuilder 2019 R2 to R3, and I wont swear that this is related, but I noticed that one of our drop downs is displaying odd characters instead of the value in the column. So far i've found it only occurs on two r...
Hello PB users,   2021 installation process is freezing during "Installing .NET Core SDK 3.1.410(x64). I have to kill.   Pierre.      ...
Hi Appeon,   Im trying to publish to a Powerserver but it requires me to have a full write access to the wwwroot folder. Internally im not allowed to do that because of the company's policy about the application publication.    my question is, is...
Hello - Up front - I/We are new to both GIT/GITLab and PB2017R3, However we have extensive experience with PB 12.5.2(and earlier)/TFS/PowerGen  - We are having difficulties with integrating GITLab CI/CD - basically, code changes made in a work space/...
Hello Team, We recently moved from PowerBuilder SE Version 2017 Build 1666 to Appeon PowerBuilder SE Version 2019 R2 Build 2353 And we had a old Project for generating service DLL from supplied WSDL file (SOAP webservice). We were able to call the...
Per the SnapDevelop documentation, the RetrieveAsync method takes a cancellationtoken parameter to make an operation cancelable (see link below) and throws an exception in the TRY/CATCH block if that if that happens. How is that done in practice thou...
PowerBuilder - all versions      It would be WONDERFUL if the error messages generated by PowerBuilder would at a minimum name the object that failed, and if possible also include the call stack.    Can this be added to your queue of enhancement r...
Hi Does anyone can tell me how can I make a RibbonMenuItem control invisible at runtime ?   Thanks a lot   Kostas...

There are no discussions available here currently