1. Delfí Sabadell
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 8 April 2021 14:32 PM UTC

I've installed Appeon PowerBuilder Professional edition IDE 2019 R3 build 2670 but I also need localized runtime files to deploy in spanish computers and the last ones, PB 2019 R2 build 2353, don't work?

Any solution?

Thank you.

Delfí Sabadell

Peter Piechutzki Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 11 August 2021 06:41 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Dear Armeen,

it seems to me, your emphasis on this matter is fading.

We need to urgently move on with the features of PB2019 or 2021 and can't do so for our production environment for over a year now due to missing localized files. Besides that, the current code editor in Powerbuilder 2019 2353 is at least to say, ancient. And the Git integration lacks features making it unusable for more than one client on the same workspace.

All this together makes working with PB let's say at least time consuming and inefficient. This is imho not feasable and the only reason we continued our subscription is that we have thousands of lines of code, hundreds of datawindows, windows and other objects we can't just convert to .net in a reasonable amount of time currently.

The main reason, for a customer to take a subscription on of a piece of software is imho usually to be up to date with that software. Sadly enogh Appeon is not fullfilling this part of the deal rendering PB2019 R3 Versions later than 2353 currently useless for our 3 subscriptions.

regards

Peter

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Monday, 6 September 2021 16:08 PM UTC
Are you using PowerServer?
  1. Helpful
  1. Moritz Nölting
  2. Tuesday, 7 September 2021 05:27 AM UTC
no, only powerbuilder
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 7 September 2021 06:24 AM UTC
Then use PB 2019 R3 instead you have language pack now. There are no new features for traditional client/server projects in PB 2021.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Peter Piechutzki Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 3 May 2021 06:57 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi,

I would like to emphasize the need of localized Runtimes for PB2019 R3.

Currently using the PB native Source Control, we would like to switch from R2 to R3 in development mainly for using GIT Source control (and introduce CI/CD). Especially the GIT enhancements that came up in R3 like being able to create and switch branches is at interest for us.

Is there any new news on a relase date for the localized runtimes?

I think it would be nice for your abroad customers to see this information, maybe in future even on the raodmap?

regards

Peter Piechutzki

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Monday, 3 May 2021 14:49 PM UTC
Hi Peter,

We totally understand the need. It is taking longer than usual because we have to also localize the new PowerClient feature that was added in PB 2019 R3, and also because we are in the middle of releasing PowerServer 2021 beta.

We cannot give exact release date, but you won't have to wait much longer... probably before the summer starts. We localize every release and we don't put exact dates in our roadmap, so I don't see the benefit of listing this in the roadmap.

One nice thing is starting from PB 2019 R3 the runtime and IDE are separate. So you will be able to upgrade the PB IDE to get new IDE features and still compile to older version of runtime (in case localized runtime not released yet). Please take a look at this table: https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r3/whats_new/ch01s01s03.html

Best regards,

Armeen
  1. Helpful
  1. Peter Piechutzki
  2. Tuesday, 6 July 2021 09:14 AM UTC
Hi Armeen,

now we're in July and no glimpse of the localized runtimes yet. I understand the above, but slowly but surely we need to go forward!
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 7 July 2021 17:05 PM UTC
It's coming... PowerBuilder 2021 got delayed so we could incorporate more of the customer feedback from the beta cycle, and this has had cascading effect on pushing out the runtime localization release. Currently, our plan is to release the localized runtimes before September 30, 2021.
  1. Helpful
Delfí Sabadell Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 8 April 2021 14:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

When do you tink localized runtime files for PB 2019 R3 will be released?

Comment
  1. Delfí Sabadell
  2. Saturday, 15 May 2021 09:13 AM UTC
Is there any new estimated date?

Thank you.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Saturday, 15 May 2021 15:30 PM UTC
I provided estimated date a couple weeks ago below Peter's post. As I already mentioned, we are targeting early summer, which means month of June. Exact day cannot tell you.
  1. Helpful
  1. Delfí Sabadell
  2. Wednesday, 7 July 2021 10:21 AM UTC
Hi Armmen,

Is there any news aboul localized files release?

Thank you.
  1. Helpful
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 8 April 2021 14:40 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Certainly the localized runtime files of older version of PB cannot be used with an app compiled with newer version of PB.  If it is important  to have Spanish localization, then you should roll back to PB 2019 R2 until the localized runtime of PB 2019 R3 is released.

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.