Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all, Error: #31890. Since for like a week or so, I cannot read any email notifications from this community on my android mobile office 365, nor on my Ipad. I see the email listed in the inbox, but when trying to see the contents, nothing is load...
I want to get column data from a DataWindow into a string array. This can be done with dot notation: String ls_array[] ls_array = dw_1.Object.emp_name.Current   The problem is that I need to do it generically. Is there a way to do this with the c...
Hi,when I change the runtime in PB 2021 IDE to a runtime from PB 2019 R3, the IDE is not using the standard pb.ini.PB 2021 IDE with runtime 21.0.0.1311     pb.ini: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Appeon\PowerBuilder 21.0\pb.ini    If the Initialization ...
We converted an application from version 8 to Powerbuilder 2021 and the following code is not functioning properly.. The code actually works fine when I run it locally using the PowerBuilder 20221 IDE, but when I build the .exe it is giving us a -3 ...
I'm running PB 2019 R3 Build 2703.  I'm using RESTClient object to call SendGetRequest().  If the URL I'm passing exceeds 1325 characters in length, then  SendGetRequest() returns -2.  This equates to Invalid URL.  I've tested the URL outside of PB w...
I have an application that was upgraded successfully to PB 2019. Our application ran well with the PB 2019 run time files on users' computers.  We upgraded to PB 2021 build 1311 successfully. I deployed 12 applications successfully and tested the exe...
Hi,   I am using PBNI SMTP control from Roland Smith - Topwiz. I have problem sending email through Office365 SMTP server. Could someone tell which are correct parameters for Connection type and Authentication type? I would like to authenticate w...
I am super new to powerbuilder and I'm seeing "Run an RHMB on it" in some of the solutions to an error like the one below:   Referenced object object is out of date, must be converted....
Hi We have deployed a Cloud App and running PowerServer 2021. We don't seem to be able to save a DW that contains nested DWs to PDF using the SaveAs function. It doesn't error and there is no file created. We used to be able to do this in Appeon Se...
I am working on using EPPlus C# assembly for Excel from PowerBuilder. I am doing it with PB 2021 for now until we move to PB 2019-R3. Then I can move the code into the main application. I wrote a wrapper assembly in C# to make it easier to work with...
Not too long ago Appeon has updated the documentation / help to now state correctly that the Handle() function returns a Longptr value. I see a lot of use of the function in the PFCs. We use Ulong for window handles (while the type of a handles and ...
Using PB 2019 R2 and trying to edit function object results in entire IDE crashing.  Can "edit source" (not in painter) of any function object and source looks perfectly normal, but cannot open function in painter. Believe all other painters work,...
We have a datawindow that presents 107 columns in a grid  format. Most of the the columns are text fields retrieved from the database. We can't get width.autosize with values 1,2 or 3 to work at all. If I select the value in the column position pr...
Hello, I made al Client deployment and it worked fine an several machines. Only one machine had a problem during downloading the library. It stoped downloading the files without any comment and didn't start the EXE.  Starting it manually I got the ...
My colleagues and I are examining the capabilities of using Apache ECharts / Google Charts from the PB web browser control in PB 2019 R3. The demo applications provided in CodeXchange by Appeon have been very helpful in getting us started. We're try...
This issu is dddw not retrieve ServerAPI Control Faile. ...
GetModel<appfunc>(i,false) //24962 rows vs GetMode<appfunc>(i,true) //24962 rows Six simple compute column make get model,time from 64ms to 1755ms(27 times),memory from 10M to 137M(13.7 times)? Why? Test again: Core code: pub...
PB 2017 R3 1880 http = create HttpClient http.SetRequestHeader             ('Accept-Encoding',   'gzip,deflate') http.SetRequestHeader             ('Content-Type',        'text/xml') li_res = http.SendRequest         ('POST', ls_url,         ls...
Hi. We've recently migrated large app from PB 12.5 to PB 2021. It consist of more then a hundred of pbls, placed in 7 folders. From PB IDE, Build and Deploy works fine - makes needed pbds beside pbls and exe file. Now we need to atomate build process...
Hi, I need help and Steps on how to migrate Powerbuilder script to c# (SnapDevelop). Any link or article will be for help.    ...

There are no discussions available here currently