Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I am trying to modify some code to run automatically without user input, so it can be run like a batch process.  The code creates a sql file, then uses run and wait and createprocess to execute the sql code and output the results to a file.  When...
Hi PB developers. Is there an example for adding checkboxes and fillable text in PB 2022R3 ? Thank you....
Hi all I'm tying to write a codebar in the left border of a multy-page PDF file using PowerBuilder 2022 R3.   I Want to create a new PDFText object with an codebar font ("Free 3 of 9") and add this new object to an PDF object (test.pdf) where prev...
Hello, We have PowerServer 2020 web application and have web server and 2 cluster app server setup. Some of our users are getting Error 11030 "Failed to handle the request because the Appeon Cluster configuration file is not configured properly in t...
I'm noticed that PowerBuilder IDE is logging "Windows Error Reporting" events for APPCRASH  PB220.exe 22.2.0.3289 KERNELBASE.dll 10.0.17763.5328 The funny thing is that PB is not running, and it's still logging errors.    It's logging several items ...
Hi, My starting point is that I  have created a .DLL which I call from the application, running x64-bit mode. In my development PC (Win11) everything works fine, when running the application either from the PB IDE or standalone from a separate fold...
Hi,   I am trying use PDFDocument object to import datawindow to print. It seems that if the datawindow datasource is a Stored Procedure then ImportDatawindow is returning -1.   PDFDocument lpdf_doc Long ll_return   dw_1.SetTransObject(SQLCA) ...
Hello community,   Do you think it's possible to use mscomm32.ocx when compiling Powerbuilder executable in 64 bits ? For me it works fine when I compile in 32 bits but not in 64 bits. I get "error accessing external object properties" with the sa...
Hi,   I have got a problem with the connection to the remote database server. I used Postgres database via ODBC. How can I set connection timeout in PB transaction or connection configuration? I would change the connection timeout parameter from th...
Hi All, I am using PB 2022 build 1878. In our application we are using webbrowser control to view PDF files (local). When we run application via IDE, everything works fine (pdf file is loaded and displayed. but when I run the application via exe, p...
Hi    I am using the new smtpclient to send email from my PB2022R3 application. It worked fine but sometimes or some users keeps getting error code 13 and 14 and we are not sure what the error message means. 13- -- Failed to send network data. 14 ...
in my powerbuilder 19 project, it's all about article management. when i click on "new" button, it displays a dwc_article(freeform) empty and i have to insert all the article details(reference, name ...) and in itemfocuschanged event of dwc_article. ...
I have deployed a project to IIS on a server and its working fine, but now need to deploy to Docker container.  I'm not sure the best route to go since this is new to me.  Should I try to deploy the demo application first or go ahead and deploy my ap...
Our application is currently built on 32-bit PowerBuilder 2019 R3, with migration to 64-bit in the distant future. We've hit some problems now and then with our application taking up to 2 GB of memory, and was wondering if any testing has been done w...
Environment. Converting Powerbuilder 2017 to Powerbuilder 2022 Is there any way to bypass the C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 22.2.0.3289 access/process and be able to use an in house directory for processing the DLLs, both...
I'm converting my DB from Oracle to SqlServer.  Everything is working but I'm needing to convert Oracle Sequences to SqlServer.  I have the sequence created in the database and it works when I issue this command.  SELECT NEXT VALUE  FOR trans_id_seq...
Is it legitimate to activate PowerServer license inside trial PowerBuilder Cloud Pro? Will PowerServer work after trial period of PowerBuilder Cloud Pro is over?...
I have a nested dw (dw_data) which has a subreport dw_1. I want to copy all the data from the nested dw (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_fake) since I cannot do a saveas on anything but the parent. I tried to loop thru parent and use rowscopy but tha...
I have an application that uses a large amount of memory. Using GarbageCollect doesn't release memory back to the operating system that I can tell. Is there an undocumented function to tell PowerBuilder's internal memory manager that it should relea...
Hi, We are using PB 2019 R3 and SQLCA.DBMS = "MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server" (i.e. Microsoft OLEDB Driver for SQL Server, Version: 18.6.0007.0) to connect the SQL Server.Recently we have received an email related to "Security Bulletin: Microsoft.Data.SqlCli...

There are no discussions available here currently