Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We have migrated pb from 2009 to PB 2019 . And while testing one flow to show PDF then we are getting null pointer reference. Code which we use is below : olewebbrowser.object.navigate("C:\Users\suraksw1\AppData\Local\Temp\30\amdDC31.pdf")  ole...
Hi, according to the specification of the "Theme enhancements" in PB2022 R3, a MDI-Sheet with borders between 2 and 8 pixels should have the specified number of pixels as border width: https://docs.appeon.com/pb/whats_new/ch01s01s08.html#Theme_resi...
We are currently in the process of enhancing our systems, and as part of this effort, we are looking to upgrade our PowerBuilder version from 2017 to PB 2022. In this transition, one critical consideration involves our internal reports that rely on t...
I want to know if I can change the name of the app after been deployed? We have different environments for testing, but is unacceptable under our standard to create a new power server project for each DB and redeploy. I need to use the same deploymen...
Hi ! PowerServer 2022 R2 / R3 question: Where is this information about Current server version stored ?2024-02-02 11:28:39.040 INFO [5176] Current server version: 24.00.2024.223, 24.01.2024.01, 24.03.2024.11, 24.03.2024.12, 24.03.2024.14; latest ve...
Hello, I have a question on string encoding behavior when sending an HTML SMTP message. Here is a description of the workflow: First, we are reading in an HTML file as a message template. We are also reading a customizable message from a DataWindow...
Hi This is an enhancement request Please allow referencing nested reports through GetChild. I think this is just an old Sybase limitation which has no reason anymore. This limitation can be cheated with a nasty trick: dw_1.Modify("processing=5") ...
Hello!I have the problem that I have to call the MS SQL Server stored procedure sp_set_session_context to set a context variable. Unfortunately this does not work with the PowerServer. The PowerServer always gives me the message 'PowerServer.Api.Se...
Hi Team, We are using Powerserver CloudPro Edition.    We have a datawindow where a column is an Identity column and has a Primary constraint. We are updating the Identity value in UpdateEnd event of the Datawindow. Before that, we are trying to f...
Hi We currently have a very basic JWT Authentication model. We are looking to change this model so that the database login information is used as the user name and password for the authentication. ie. We need to extend the JWT authentication so tha...
Odd issue that's been plaguing me for awhile now. I'm trying to authenticate against ping access (grab a token) so that I can call a rest api with that token. Here's the powerbuilder code:  Constant Integer SECURE_PROTOCOL_TLS = 5 //Set TLS to 1...
There are about 70 libraries.Even when compiling only one specific PBL,It takes too long.Is there any way to shorten the time?...
Hi,  We just migrated to PB2022 R3,build 3289.  I have an HTML file that we load into webbrowser and automatically saves images of charts.  In PB2019 R2, download dialogue boxes don't appear, but now it keeps showing in PB2022 R3.  Is there a set...
Hello,We're in the process of upgrading our application from 32BIT to 64BIT using the PB2022.We're having an issue with this line on Local External Functions. SUBROUTINE RtlMoveMemory( long Dest, REF structure some_structure, long CBLen ) LIBRARY "k...
After compiling to Full, only one specific pblIs there any way to compile and distribute it?...
PB 17 Q1: How can I change the tabpage tab color? The part where the writing is? I thought it would be TabBackcolor but that doesn't work.   Q2: Is there a 3rd party UI tool that would globally change colors of objects at runtime? For example, ...
Hi, We currently use some ActiveX controls in Powerbuilder. To be able to use the ActiveX controls without registering them at runtime, we decided to add manifest entries for the corresponding DLL files. The DLLs are deployed by us relative to the E...
I've trying to run a compiled PB 2022 on a remote server.  We ran the PB runtime installer package on the server, and the runtime directory was created.  When I try to run the my PB 2022 app I receive this error message. Any help would be appreciate...
Good morning, During these days an automatic process is carried out from my PB application. When working with XML files, I use the PBDOM and when reading XML files and then making inserts to the DB, I get this error, which can be seen in the Image....
Hi Appeon I raised this issue yesterday and today it has gone. I need to upload the information that you requested so that this bug can be fixed. [Bug 11547]SMTPClient BCC email address is visible to TO Recipients Please reinstate this. Thanks  ...

There are no discussions available here currently