Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi All, I am using PB 2022 build 1878. In our application we are using webbrowser control to view PDF files (local). When we run application via IDE, everything works fine (pdf file is loaded and displayed. but when I run the application via exe, p...
Hi    I am using the new smtpclient to send email from my PB2022R3 application. It worked fine but sometimes or some users keeps getting error code 13 and 14 and we are not sure what the error message means. 13- -- Failed to send network data. 14 ...
in my powerbuilder 19 project, it's all about article management. when i click on "new" button, it displays a dwc_article(freeform) empty and i have to insert all the article details(reference, name ...) and in itemfocuschanged event of dwc_article. ...
I have deployed a project to IIS on a server and its working fine, but now need to deploy to Docker container.  I'm not sure the best route to go since this is new to me.  Should I try to deploy the demo application first or go ahead and deploy my ap...
Our application is currently built on 32-bit PowerBuilder 2019 R3, with migration to 64-bit in the distant future. We've hit some problems now and then with our application taking up to 2 GB of memory, and was wondering if any testing has been done w...
Environment. Converting Powerbuilder 2017 to Powerbuilder 2022 Is there any way to bypass the C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 22.2.0.3289 access/process and be able to use an in house directory for processing the DLLs, both...
I'm converting my DB from Oracle to SqlServer.  Everything is working but I'm needing to convert Oracle Sequences to SqlServer.  I have the sequence created in the database and it works when I issue this command.  SELECT NEXT VALUE  FOR trans_id_seq...
Is it legitimate to activate PowerServer license inside trial PowerBuilder Cloud Pro? Will PowerServer work after trial period of PowerBuilder Cloud Pro is over?...
I have a nested dw (dw_data) which has a subreport dw_1. I want to copy all the data from the nested dw (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_fake) since I cannot do a saveas on anything but the parent. I tried to loop thru parent and use rowscopy but tha...
I have an application that uses a large amount of memory. Using GarbageCollect doesn't release memory back to the operating system that I can tell. Is there an undocumented function to tell PowerBuilder's internal memory manager that it should relea...
Hi, We are using PB 2019 R3 and SQLCA.DBMS = "MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server" (i.e. Microsoft OLEDB Driver for SQL Server, Version: 18.6.0007.0) to connect the SQL Server.Recently we have received an email related to "Security Bulletin: Microsoft.Data.SqlCli...
I have read a lot of posts regarding getting WinSCP working in PB but nothing about how someone was able to do it (Sue Brown did say she got it working but didn't post how).  We are needing SFTP to do file transfers and this product seems to be the w...
I am looking to deploy our application on 2022 R3 but we still have many customers running Windows 2012 R2.  The help has a statement “No longer supports installing runtime to Windows Server 2012 R2”.  It is also flagged as 'Discontinued' which means...
Hello all,   We are using Powerbuilder 2019 with SqlServer 2016 and we noticed that when connect to the database the application is always starting a new transaction (without any insert/delete or update) if we execute the following select: select...
Team, we are in PowerBuilder 2022 Build 1900, Windows Server 2019 in some particular cases, we have a system error, while trying to print some PB reports from our PB application. Event viewer logs are attached.  ...
Sql Server 2019  PowerBuilder 2019 R3 build 2728 I'm using ODBC connection  I have a datastore, I change data and then do an update lds_post_dates.setitem(i, "column_name", ll_value)ll_rv = lds_post_dates.update()   The base table for the datas...
Hello, in my application I am connecting to the database using the connection string that is defined in a Registry key, this is my code and as I show you in the attached images, you can see that when I debug my code I am receiving my transaction all...
Hi All. Appeon PB 2019 R2 I am trying to change datawindow button control ( b_1 ) background to red in the datawindow ( dw_1 )  in the window ( w_test ) using theme-customs.json {"meta-info": {"version": "190"},"w_test.dw_1.b_1": {"drawing": true,...
hello everyone here in my powerbuilder 19 project, it's about article management. so when i insert a new article it works fine and when I update an article it works fine also but when I insert another article (after the update), i get the sqlstate e...
in my powerbuilder 19 project, i have a DB called "gest_article" and a column "reference" set as a primary key and unique value, and a data window called "dwc_article" is a freeform to insert an article. i wanna get a message box for duplicated refe...

There are no discussions available here currently