Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi everyone! We are using Appeon 2022 R2 (22.1.0.2819)We've got problem with SaveAs(XLSX!). After some investigations we found, that the Sybase.PowerBuilder.DataWindow.Excel12.dll, which we have in our Runtime folder is "unseen" from the program. Af...
Hi everyone, I have my application that works into SAP BusinessOne To open my windows into SAP MDI I get SAP MDI handle's and set this as parent to my windows using windows api SetParent I don't know why but some windows open without issue others ...
Hi, We are trying to upgrade the application from PB12.5 to PB 2022 R2. Currently we are encountering the Label printing issue. In PB12.5, the declared external function signature is working well. But in PB2022 R2 Version the same signature is not ...
Saludos, mucho agradecería alguna sugerencia a la siguiente pregunta: ¿Es posible agregar/habilitar extensiones / pluggins en el control webbrowser?...
Good morning, I want to resize my datawindows depending on the dimension of the screen. all this in Powerbuilder 2022R2. Regards, Edi  ...
Hi   I want to consume a REST service sending the JSON format and get a response from the service.   I get the TOKEN using GetJWTToken, which works fine and it is valid, but when I consume the REST service it's require, it returns an error that t...
Can I know the distribution dll related to griddatawindow? After viewing griddatawindowSome fields are being disabled.It runs on source.It is downloaded from an executable file.I think it's because the dll is not distributed.Please contact us. The ...
Hi I am developing functinality to convert .jpg to pdf using webbrowser to open the file and save as pdf. The problem is make script creating the web browser windows wait until the browser is finished opening the file save the pdf. the webbrowser ...
I have the next issue, i compiled my application on my PC in about 2 minutes, but now it last more than 5 minutes, why is that? I didn't increased my application. I didn't change anything on my PC, and i didn't installed any software  ...
PB 2022 R3:   If you add a date using the jsongenerator::    objectname.AddItemDate ( ParentItemHandle, Value )   the json created is a string: {"mykey":"2017-09-21"}.  Instead, I expected it to add a date since, i told it to add a date and...
Does anyone know how to retrieve application properties while the application is running? I am looking to retrieve properties like:  Product Name Company Name Description ... See attached screen image. Thanks in advance....
Is it possible to dynamically change the datawindow syntax for a nested report in the group header datawindow?  I have a header and footer on a nested report.  I want to be able to assign the datawindow syntax to the nested report at runtime.  I am ...
  12.6 states I am out of licenses. It allows 2 per license.  BUT I no longer have those machines.  How do I wipe those out and put it on a brand new computer?  Thank you ...
Hi, I'm trying create a DW from a MSSQL Server stored procedure that returns a varbinary(max) column. The error message is attached file. Any ideia how can I solve this problem?   One more info: the stored procedure returns some columns. The var...
Hi, Recently we received an email from Appeon about Vulnerability CVE-2024-0056. It states that we should : "Temporarily refrain from using the ADO.NET database driver for connecting to SQL Server for PowerBuilder and InfoMaker applications...." ...
Hi everyone, I am currently using PowerBuilder 2021 (Build 1509) and we want to get rid of Ghostscript proceeding and force the use of NativePDF functions. Is there a way to print two datawindow pages on one PDF page using NativePDF (or PDFBuilder ...
I have deployed my PB app on IIS server using Power Server 2022.I need step-by-step guidance/demo/reference regarding conversion of non-visual business logic code written using Data windows & Power scripts into C# REST API, also how to call those...
The total number of PBLs in the project source currently in use is 44 and the capacity is 481M.The capacity is about 2~10M per PBL. AFTER FULL COMPILEPBL individual incremental compilation takes about 7 to 10 minutes.Is it normal for compilation spee...
Hello,   When I want to install my powerbuilder application to a client I've to put my .pbds,.exe, resources and (.dlls) in a installer to install but i don't know if there's a way to put the runtime in a folder and create a enviroment variable to ...
Hello  Migrating from PB 2009 to PB 2022 64 bit  We are getting below error while calling external function : Function calling from PB:  FUNCTION long Fchgstr32 ( ulong buffer, ulong fldid, longptr occ, ref string fldval, longptr fldlen ) Libra...

There are no discussions available here currently