Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I run the Autorun.exe file. But there is no [Install button] to click to do a next step. ...
PB V12.1 Specifically, where does the PB function "PrintGetPrinter()" go to look in order to determine the current printer? Thanks, Olan ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ UPDATE:  24-MAY-2017 @ 2"38 PM CST. I >>> THINK ...
My system is Window 10 64bit and daabase is MS SQL Server Express 2014. ODBC Database connection : Try 8 difference ways of odbc connection (2 Drivers / 32 & 64 bit odbc / User DSN / System DSN). All of these connect to the same database. ...
Hi I've come across a minor behavioural difference with the new PB 2017 IDE Build 1666. When I search across the PBLs in my workspace, then edit from the search result set. It opens the object's script as expected. If do a CTRL-H to replac...
Hi All, I wasn’t able to attend the "Hands-on Look at PowerBuilder 2017" webinar because of timezone difference.  Does anyone know when and where I can get the recorded video of the webinar? Thanks. Best Regards, Ricardo     ...
Hi Everyone, can anyone help me in creating web application...? My expertise is on the Native side but I never engage in web application...I already purchase the PB2017 but I dont know how web application or mobile application works... Please H...
I follow the tutorial in PowerServer 2017 Help File thru this step.  And I used my android mobile phone to install the Sale Mobile App Example. Then, I can add this app to Appeon Workspace on my device. But, when I run the app, it could...
Hello to all I have a problem exporting the data in xml format It can be exported with a 3-level hierarchy eg: customer invoice article N.B. Many articles on an invoice Many bills in a customer Many customers The dw allows you to h...
Hi All   We have today installed and activated PB2017.   All looks good so far, but...   Our PB12.5 project build was set up to use an External Manifest because we have a web service component we use to consume a web service.   ...
I experienced a problem when calling CreateProcess from 64-bit compiled PB2017 app. On 32-bit it works just fine. External function defined as: function boolean CreateProcess(ulong applicationname, string commandline, ulong processattributes, u...
Downloaded all PB related products with no problem. However, tried to use the Appeon U Demo app tutorial that uses the EAS Demo DB V126.  I can't connect to the database.  The database name is listed in the window but the error says it can't ...
Hi all, Can someone please confirm if GhostScript still needs to be installed for PDF generation?  I was assuming this would no longer be the case, but in the documentation https://www.appeon.com/system/files/product-manual/installation_guide_for_...
As per the title. Some days ago (Jun 30th) I requested and was granted a trial subscription for PB2017, unfortunately I didn't get a link to actually download the software. I've tried to email info@appeon to no avail. How did you guys got ...
We are trying to convert a bunch of internal web pages to https. Everything is behind the firewall so the site uses a domain certificate. There are a lot of machines that are not members of the domain and the inet object wont open the pages. Does any...
I've been checking out the new Rich Text edit control and it appears the help file is still referencing the old control in relation to deployment dlls. From what I can tell, the new control requires pbcomrt170.dll and PBTCTEXT170.DLL for deplo...
The "What's New" Developer's guide links to the Appeon Product Manuals Website at: https://www.appeon.com/developers/library/product-manuals-for-pb The "Getting Started" book lists the books included in the documentation set, but not al...
I have just installed PB 2017!  :) My PC has MS .NET Framework v4.6.1  and  MS .NET Framework 4 Multi-Targeting Pack  installed, but the Read Me file states: For installing PowerBuilder & PowerServer Toolkit     Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or W...
Hi, i tried to migrate our application from powerbuilder 11.5 to powerbuilder 2017 Actual Windows 7 machine, MSSQL 2014, DataBase Connection active. After 1 second i've a Appeon Powerbuilder crash... What can I check? Does anyone have a...
Error on trying to update pbwsclient. Exact message is outdated files detected    pbsoapclient/pbejbclient/pbdom/pbwsclient   Please migrate to 170.     I replaced the PBDOM to the 17 version not sure where to set or migrate.  ...
Hi, I downloaded PB2017 this morning. I'd like to use my pre order subscription license with the downloaded PowerBuilder. Is there a howto document or a web resource which I can consult? Thanks Martin   ...

There are no discussions available here currently