Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi.   Is it possible to generate a proxy object for a REST API service? I think this was an option in PB12.5 (File-New-Project-Rest client proxy), but I'm not 100% sure. This option is not available in Appeon PB 2017 R3, but perhaps it's possible...
We have an app for time clock in and out. At this point it does not have any kind of verification (Only a check mark but anybody can click and do the check mark). I am trying to find out how can I do finger print scanning and verification or better d...
PowerBuilder v12.1, build 7055PB ClassicOracle 12CI have two datawindows: dw_1 and dw_2.Dw_1 is the primary, the original dw.I did a SAVE AS and copied dw_1 into dw_2.Next, I removed the RETRIEVE statement from dw_2 in Edit Source mode, and replaced ...
Hi guys,   we are wondering if there's a way of getting a list of all the users connected to our application in a datawindow. we are using sqlanywhere as back-end.   i don't want to maintain a list with connections/deconnections myself.   any c...
My company has decided to upgrade from PB 12.5 to PB 2017-R3-MR1 (Build 1880). I'm coordinating installs for the other developers and have discovered that they have to install 2017 Base, then R3, then R3-MR1. Is it possible to get a full install of...
Hello, how is it possible to generate QR code in a form window in PowerBuilder?Thank you...
Hi all, We are now using the ado.net to solve the connection pool issue for sybase ASE driver. But how to config the pool parameters such as MAX POOL SIZE? The below doesn't effect about the pool size SQLCA.DMS = "ADO.net" SQLCA.DBPARM="Namespace=...
We have an application that looks fine with Windows DPI scaling set to 100%, but when the user changes the scaling to 125% the application doesn't scale the contents correctly. Am I missing a setting somewhere that allows the application to scale...
Thanks so much, Sheldon...
I implemented the SaveDockingState(regkey) function in a new PB2017 application to save the state of all docked / pinned windows and then use the LoadDockingState(), OpenSheetFromDockingState() & CommitDocking() functions to restore them.  This func...
Hi everyone, I have a .NET webservice that return an Structure with a DataTable datatype: When I call the webservice from PowerBuilder I get the TypeResultQuery structure, but DT is determined as Any datatype for Powerbuilder: I tried to create a...
I'm not sure what I did, I was in the process of changing sql on several datawindows, and I somehow got myself into a state where whenever I open any datawindow, the IDE crashes on me. I'm using PB 2017 R3, build 1858. At first I thought it was tied...
Dear All,   As we are using PB 2017 to migrate our legacy system to .Net Assembly, there are hundreds of DataWindows that call this generic function   ll_rows = ads_data.Retrieve(lany_args[1], lany_args[2], lany_args[3], lany_args[4], lany_args[5...
Greetings All. Am i doing something wrong? I installed beta 2 side by side with beta 1. Themes works perfectly fine in beta 1 and i cant get it to work in beta 2. Will greatly appreciated any help. I did try to uninstall everything and install b...
Hi,   We have installed Appeon and and the database is Oracle and it is connected through ODBC. It is working perfectly in 32 bit server.   When we moved to 64 bit server. the ODBC is not working correctly when we connect database  in Appeon. it ...
Hi, We have just upgraded our applications to PowerBuilder 2017.  We are consuming web services from our PowerBuilder applications, and the web services we consume require TLS versions 1.1 and above (TLSv1.0 has been shut off).  Can you please provi...
Hi,   I have recently installed to R3 on a new computer. However when I try to connect to workspace it returns  I am not sure where the log in info is coming from and where to change it. Additionally I tried to open up a workspace and there isn't ...
I installed PowerServer with option "Create a new Web Site". Different Home Directory and port. AEM is working fine. Status Monitor works. PB2017 Toolkit Configuratin shows that PowerServer and Web Server is fine. Deploy works without any error. None...
I am using PB 17 R2 and have the PowerServer installed. I'm running into issues with retrieving data when using a datawindow.  I can connect to the database, issue embedded sql and get data back, and can use a dynamically created datawindow and r...
Greetings.., Statictext mouse pointer is not working ( try to set during runtime no hope ) , any solution Regards Antony    ...

There are no discussions available here currently