Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi: I just migrated a PB12.1 application to a PB2017 R3 application.  When I click on the Library painter and select a .pbl, it shows me version numbers ranging in 1 to 18.  Where are these version numbers coming from?  They are not in the .prp fil...
Roland, A colleague of mine posted a question concerning the PB Native source control, the issue we are seeing is that a version number seems to be stored within the library (PBL) for each object.  https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/pbn...
How do I specify an external manifest file which defines Windows versions such that RtlGetVersion() recognizes Windows 10. I have an external manifest file with the following compatibility settings: This is so that when I call RtlGet...
Hello Appeon Powerbuilder team,   We have a Power builder application which migrated from power builder 9.0 to power builder 2017R3. The database used was Oracle 11g. the 11G client has no issues connecting with PB2017R3. The problem lies with the ...
Using PB 10.2.0 Build 8100 and SQL server. I am trying to use embedded SQL and I want to variable-ize the length parameter to SQL server function substring. In my script I tried Substring(column_name, 4, :ll_len) where I set the local long variable l...
We just upgraded from 12.5.1 to 2017 R3 and started to encounter an issue with an application we are integrating with using OLE. The old version worked fine, but the new version randomly has given the following error trying to run a function on the O...
PBv12.1, build 7055Windows 7, 64 bit platformOracle 12C database   How can I determine - in code - that I am running in the IDE vs running an EXE?   Thanks, Olan...
Hello, We have a requirement of packaging our power builder apps, which was built using Power Builder 12. Currently we are copying our .EXE, .PBDs, .INIs, resource files and powerbuilder runtime files(DLLs) onto every workstation. Is there a way to...
Se puede agregar un reporte (rdlc) de reporting services en appeon powerbuilder 2017R3?? Agradecido por sus respuestas....
How can i add a checksum to the *.exe/*.pbd files while deploying my PowerBuilder workspace?...
Running PB 2017 R3 I am hoping to find a way to easily manage a window that uses SharaData with multiple DW's. I have a master DW which has every column selected from the table that can be updated. I then create other DW's from this master and only ...
Hello, I use Powerbuilder Standard Edition 2017 R3 build 1880. I want to create a .NET WEB Service Project. But i haven't this choice in my "new target" window. There's a real problem then before, i use for 6 years PB 12.1 build 7217 and after migr...
I'm experiencing very slow performance in displaying resultsets in dwo's on my computer if I run it through RDP (remote desktop).The retrieve itself is lightning fast, but the displaying many rows in absolutely all dwo's in my app is becoming VERY sl...
Discarded question. Sorry!...
Hi - Hope this is the right place to ask this question(s) - We use PB 12.5.2 with Team Foundation Server 2015 - using the latest MSSCCI connector.  As part of upgrading security to TLS 1.2 compliance, when TLS 1.0 is disabled on the TFS 2015 server ...
HI This is Prashant here, I am using PB 12.5.2 and Windows 64. I setup 2 input Languages  1 English (United States), Keyboard = US 2 Marathi (India), Keyboard = Micrsoft Indic Language Tool I toogle the language Input Using Left Alt + Shift. Befo...
Hi, all. Does PowerServer (PB Edition) 2017 R3 Build 1858.00 support deployment to Android 5.1.1? If not, what Android version(s) does it currently support?...
Hello all, my client/server app works fine, but when converted to Web it is ignoring or has no effects whenever I reference an a variable defined in NVO. For example:  I have n_constant that has some  CONSTANT  instance variables in it: constant ...
Hi,    I migrated the current application to web and performed unsupported feature analysis. Since some part of code can be ignored as they are unsupported, I am trying to open the object by right clicking(refer screenshots)  on the objects in the ...
Hi, I thought I would mention an issue that I seem to have picked up between development and live environment. I have a 100 page report and I perform the SaveAs PDF using native pdf, this works fine in development and produces a 100 page pdf report...

There are no discussions available here currently