Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello. For Appeon Mobile.  I think currently this does not support android 9.0 pie OS properly. Anyone who is knowing this issue well, please give me any advice. thanks.    ...
Was messing with the Powerbuilder Complier and using the params that were provided when i do a build.  We also use topWiz for source control, and when i ran the pbc170 with the parameters, i didn't realize topWiz would go and get latest of all of the...
Hi all,   We are upgrading the Powerbuilder from 10.5 to 2017 R3 version. During SIT, QA team has identified a defect in the look and feel of One of our PB application (MPS) screen dropdown tabs, there is a mismatch in the background color in the d...
We have an application coded using PowerBuilder 12.0 / 12.5 that we are migrating to PowerBuilder 2017.3 . We have RTE datawindows created using PowerBuilder 12.x RTE control.  After migrating the PB12.x RTE's to PB2017.3, the formatting and printin...
I extract xml from an Oracle Clob in a view using the following type syntax select col1, col2, dbms_lob.substr( t.col_clob, 4000, 1 )) col_3 from table1 t I display the columns from the view in a DataWindow. I want to display the col_3 results ...
Hello, We are using Web Browser in a OLE. My question is how will we know which version of IE is running in PowerBuilder OLE? Is there a way to register which version of IE we would like to use within our OLE object? Let say later version of IE or i...
I'm running the latest version of PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880 Cloud Edition. I'm running into an issue where you remove a function call dependency that another object relied on.  So of course, doing an incremental build reveals this problem.  Ca...
I have a datastore dataobject with SQL select that that has datalibrary that precedes the table name like       SELECT PRODDTA.F554700.NAME                   PRODDTA.F554700.ID Now the above points to production library 'PRODDTA'.  For testing pur...
Hi Gurus,   POWER BUILDER 2017R3 using older version rich text editor I need Help to resolve GPF Error when perform below action. On Rich Text - Input field Tab Page after modifying DATA Cliicking button[ OK or Apply ] throws GPF error and exits...
How can I extract a gzip formatted datastream in PowerBuilder 2017 R3.   I know PowerBuilder 2018 has the ExtractorObject.  Are there examples from anyone who has done this in PowerBuilder 2017 R3 version please.    Thank you Gayathri Narayanan ...
I publish soap service and entire param is struct. When i tested with SAOPUI i see some properties of struct is optional. Is possible to set which property be optional and which to obligatory.    ...
Hello,  how can I use an application-specific proxy (I mean, I will not use the system-defined proxy or that hasn't been set) to use for httpclient requests?...
Getting Oauth 1,0 to work for was no small task. We no sooner got it working and along comes Oauth2. Therefore we are hoping that someone can shed some light on this with working code. ...
Hi ,   I am trying to call a web service from the Appeon PB. I have followed all the instructions mentioned in the article for the web-service call to work. When I try to make the call I get the exception "Cannot Invoke Web service"  My web-serv...
  Hi Team, I have recently reset my password, after resetting password, it is say that ID is already connected use different ID to connect. Please refere attached screenshot.    ...
I'm printing datawindow reports from within PowerServer (PM V2017 R3 Build 1858) in Chrome. I have no problem with the right mouse button menu displaying and providing printing. The but to this statement is, I have an existing print icon, and was wo...
Need some ideas from the group: At my work, we are having a discussion about whether to put the pibbles in source control. They main concern is keeping the pbl's in sync with changes made and pushed up to source control. My theory is that if we ex...
Hi I can connect to a database via SQL plus but not via PB ( get TNS could not resolve the connect identifier) I think I must be not entering the right things in the connection tab, but it only has an entry for server name. So I have server name as ...
Armeen, What is the best way to contact an Appeon MVP?  For consulting purposes? ThanksDennis...
On one of our production servers (and so far only one), we are experiencing the same OLE Error as what was reported by Boris Krylov in https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/search/view?id=1355#. Unfortunately, in that Post, Boris did not mention wh...

There are no discussions available here currently