Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I just upgraded our PB 2017 from R1 to R3 and now Infomaker 2017 does not even run.  Get the following any ideas how to fix it?  Do I need to re-install Infomaker, since its R1 will it do anything to PB2017 R3 since there are some shared dll's.  ...
When I call the datawindow Print method with the option to show the print dialog, the dialog appears twice regardless of whether I print the document or cancel from the first print dialog. If I call the print method without showing the dialog, the da...
I have a super odd problem going on with a PowerBuilder program.  We are in the process of testing out all of our existing PowerBuilder programs on a Windows 10 computer.  This particular program is written in PB Classic 12.5.  The program is complet...
Hello, Just now installed PB 2018 beta.   It asks for login information again, even though I've logged in using PB 2017 R3.  I think Pb 2018 should login automatically, when PB 2017 is already in logged in status.  Isn't it ?   Won't this prevent u...
Hello, I followed the example of the help to encrypt in MD5; however, the result is not as expected. Let's see, this is the example: Blob lblb_data Blob lblb_md5 String ls_resultMD5 lblb_data = Blob("Test MD5", EncodingANSI!) CrypterObject...
Hello, I will try to explain as best I can what happens... Visual user object The visual user object uvo_year  declares one private instance variable initialized to 2019 :                 private integer ii_year=2019  The function uf_getyear...
We want to give our customers the option to use database encryption in SQL Server. We are currently using PB12.5 and the SNC driver which has the Encrypt dbparm. Other than setting the Encrypt dbparm, what else needs to be done at the client? Do we...
Hi everyone I need to add a QR Code with a certain height and width to a Datawindow. Now from what I've seen, most people suggest using a QR font as the easiest way to add a QR Code to a Datawindow. Unfortunately, (unless I'm overlooking something)...
Hi all. Is source control (git) implemented and up in 2019 beta? I cant get it to run it is not holding values. Here is some pictures. 007.jpg - at this point i am not able to save and keep any values.   Thank, you.   Sincerely Vlad...
I need the ODBC Driver for SQL Server so I can use encryption TLS 1.2.  I've encountered two problems with inserting and updating datawindows.  I have tables and columns where there is a column on a table that cannot be null but has a database defau...
We are testing the migration from PB 12.6 to 2017 R2 and are having a lot of trouble printing reports.  The printers seem to randomly print crap pages most often after  some or all of the report has printed.  It is definitely a show stopper for the m...
When using the the method SymmetricEncrypt, the blob that is returned is in chinese. I have put the following script in the clicked event and show the result in the textobject st_1: Blob lblb_dataBlob lblb_keyBlob lblb_ivBlob lblb_encrypt lblb_dat...
I was experimenting with the Git integration in PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and came across a few issues that I hope more experienced folks can answer. In case it matters, we tested with GitLab as the Git provider: 1. Is there support for connecting to var...
Does anyone know what DLLs need to be deployed to support the CrypterObject?  I am getting a run-time error "Unresolvable external crypterobject when linking reference error when instantiating the object.  No issue when running from the IDE....
Since years there is one annoying thing for me: What is the best practice to find the name of a pbl which contains a certain object. The problem: I have a project with 40-50 pbls. I want to know where I can find the object "w_user" because I want ...
Hi According to https://community.appeon.com/index.php/blogs/recent-blogs/enhanced-source-code-controlfor-pb2017-r2-r3 the pbg files will go away when using git and svn (what we currently do with PB2017 R2) How should 3rd party build tools that mak...
We have several apps running on appeon workspace with no problem. Scenerio: We created a desktop application which uses a Richtextedit control and saves the contents to a database table whose column is a blob. Works fine in saving and retrieving o...
If you use rich text in your applications and are on 12.X and are thinking about upgrading to 2017, I would seriously reconsider. The regression bugs introduced with the built-in rich text control are bad enough to render the control useless for us. ...
When i migrate from version 7 to version 2017 r3. The character font of Japan  is error . I think when i migrate:UTF 16  .How  are fix it? ...
Hello All, Any one have manage to integrate a PowerBuilder Application with CyberArk using th CyberArk API The information and documentation on the CyberArk DLL is really poor so if some one have manage to integrate it will be great. The only help...

There are no discussions available here currently