1. Dana Morano
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 27 March 2019 09:23 AM UTC

Hi - Hope this is the right place to ask this question(s) -

We use PB 12.5.2 with Team Foundation Server 2015 - using the latest MSSCCI connector.  As part of upgrading security to TLS 1.2 compliance, when TLS 1.0 is disabled on the TFS 2015 server we are no longer able to connect to TFS.  We have attributed this to lack of support of PB 12.5.2 for TLS 1.2.  

Will upgrading to PB 2017R3 Solve this issue?  I was reading that PB 2017R3 supports TLS 1.2  (is this the REST client only or in general i.e. the IDE?) - or is this a problem with the MSSCI connector? Basically will PB2017 function in a TFS 2015/TLS 1.2 environment using the latest MSSCCI  connector?

Thanks

Tom Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 28 March 2019 10:06 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Dana,

TLS 1.2 is supported with PB 2017 R3 Git integration. I’ve also tested with the online version of TFS (now called Azure DevOps Server) and it works fine. 

Regards,

Tom Jiang

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 27 March 2019 14:06 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

If your TFS were changed to use Git for it's repository, you could connect directly to Git using the new Git interface built into PB 2017. Armeen has been recommending that to TFS customers.

Comment
Dana Morano Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 27 March 2019 13:18 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Roland Smith - that's what I was afraid of :-( - another question though - what if we create a GIT repo in TFS then use native GIT with it? 

Comment
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 27 March 2019 12:42 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

That would be entirely the fault of the MSSCCI connector.

When the PowerBuilder IDE performs a source control action via SCC API, all it does is call a function in the connector DLL passing it an array of file names. Communication with the server is done entirely by the connector DLL.

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.