Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We currently use PB 2019 Build 2170. We'll likely move to PB 2019-R3 in December. Can I install and use SnapDevelop 2019-R3 without PB 2019-R3? I haven't used it before so I don't need to migrate any projects....
Scenario:- In Windows client printer settings "Let Windows manage my default printer" is checked- Local printers are redirected to remote server- Our PowerBuilder application starts through RemoteApp Issue: At first print in a RemoteApp-session Prin...
We have a custom user object (visual) with a custom editmask control on it.Another window is creating this UO if the Enter Key is pressed.On initialization of the UO there is a editmask.POST SetFocus() called.in the editmask.keydown event i can read ...
Dear Community, I’m working with the PowerBuilder R3 Build 2703 and I want to navigate to an signin page with ntlm-Authentication via WebBrowserControl. After input and confirmation the credentials it shows the popup for the authentication again and...
Hello, I'm setting up Powerclient and have a couple of issues. How do I get the desktop shortcut to be created with my icon and application name?  It shows the name I use on the server but does it have some setting for a 'freindly' name?  If I try ...
PB2019R3, build 2703I read through the previous post on this topic:   https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/dsn-less-connection-postgresql-solved This was the template solution listed:   Sqlca.DBMS =ODBC   Sqlca.DBParm="Driver={PostgreSQL OD...
  All - I've searched and not found an answer to this solution.  Apology if there's a thread on this  ( feel free to point me that direction ). Working on a new application ... User has text based files that we load for editing.   We were using I...
I have a datawindow against a Postgresql DB. When selecting a boolean column from the database and trying to update it, the datawindow converts the column to a varchar(5), which I assume is for 'FALSE', is there a setting in the PBODB.INI to convert ...
I select a field declared as nvarchar(nmax) from a table in sqlserver using an odbc connection (even with a native driver). The result from the select is truncated if the value in the column has more then 32676 character. I use Power Builder 2019R2. ...
Hello I want to distribute application with embedded database that could be run without installing anything at clients computer.  Seems Sqlite fits this better.  Seems need to install sqlite driver.  Is there any way to automaticaaly install driver...
Has anyone moved from Git using MSSCCI to native Git in PB 2019R3 and been able to maintain source control history? Given that native Git in PB (as of 2017R2) creates a sub-folder named "ws_objects" for the source controlled object files (*.sr?), is ...
Hi.When executing "mRet = mSes.mailLogon(mailNewSession!)" on a client, where no mail client is installed, this message appears:=>Screenshot 2021-06-10 153238.pngWhereas on a machine with a mail client installed, I am able to select a profile:=>...
Hello,   I am using a webbrowser control on a tabpage. I am using the navigate(..) function to load that URL. The page displays a PDF, has other controls for downloading the PDF etc. Those downloading controls do not work at all. I can click the...
I'm wondering whether anyone has done any enhancing of their PB applications to allow users to do scripting of the app's functions, and if so, what sort of technologies and techniques they used. Here's an example of a user request we got today. A us...
Is there a way to dynamically change menu item event code? The Retrieve menu item has this code in clicked event, of_SendMessage ("pfc_retrieve") I'd like to change that code to reference another event of the DW.  There are other DW's on the scree...
I'm having to calculate the initial and end coordinates to draw a trend line (linear regression line). To do so, I put the values of my points in a graph in a datastore and one of the computed columns is X2.  The only problem I'm having, is that my...
Two questions.1) SDI I have a PBv12.1 exe complete with one DLL called INVOICING.There is only one window, of type MAIN.The goal was for this to be an SDI application, and maybe I did that  ???? but I can find no documentation on how to create an SDI...
Hi We successfully migrated our Powerbuilder 11.5 app source with SVN to Powerbuilder 2019 R3 source with Git. We now want to go a step further and automate the Powerbuilder exe and pbd compilation.  We want to use pbc to compile the app, but befo...
Hello, I am wondering how to rely on database context variables with PS 2021. We're using Oracle but the question applies to any DB. In a c/s PB app, there are DB variables whose value lives for the life of the connection. The PB app can fetch thes...
Is there any additional configuration in PowerBuilder to sign out from my account. I have multiple environments using PB, in the user account section there is a checkbox to enable/disable "Sign out on Exit". But I noticed the option is not working a...

There are no discussions available here currently