Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Calling PB 2019-R3 object from C++. I'm getting 'Unhandled Exception' in the error object and no exception in the C++ code. Any idea? The PowerBuilder function: public function integer of_exception (integer ai_value) throws n_cst_exception;n_cst_ex...
Possibly the wrong category but feel free to move if so. So i have converted some datawindow in snapdevelop. the model got some properties that are public decimai? The problem comes when some of those fields needs more decimal precision than decima...
  How can i retrieve Data from Model using the sqlselect attribute and paramvalues? I already ask a stackoverflow question; https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68129138   How can I retrieve data from my SQL-Model using the SqlSelect attribut...
Hai, I purchased Appeon Powerbuilder 2021 just before a week. I am feeling a better performance and the latest technologies in the same. Special thanks to the Appeon team. I have a doubt regarding developing in the Android platform. Have any chance...
Is there a powerbuilder detail debug log that contains java call exceptions with stack trace info?  The jboss-client.jar is on the classpath but org.wildfly.naming.client.WildFlyInitialContextFactory class from the jar can not be instantiated. Why c...
Good day,   Please help...   How can I suppress the headers on the second page? so that the list of rows will occupy the header portion.   thanks in advance...
Hi, We wish to open the file (.pdf, .xlsx, .docs etc) from Powerbuilder application. The file needs to be visible for users. OpenFile function opens the file but is not visible to users.   How can I achieve this?   Thanks, Falguni...
I'm using SnapDevelop 2019R3 Build 2703. I cannot connect to MS SQL Server. I get network connectivity error and a timeout. I can connect to the same database using PB IDE on the same Wind 10 PC. I've checked that required protocols are enabled o nt...
I'm trying to add a subreport to a grouped report.  I added retrieval arguments to my subreport.  When I added the subreport to the grouped report, I filled in the criteria with fields from the grouped report (including the ID_Num that the report is ...
I'm trying to encrypt something with AES , but i have to use PKCS7 padding. Is there a way with PB2019R3 ? ...
Hi all, I'm using on some fields in datawindow dropdown calendar. If I choose date from calendar then event ItemChanged on datawindow is fired, but when I type date manualy into field and tab out from that field, then ItemChanged event is not fired....
Hi, We wish to save attachments to our local server for cloud deployed application. The PB application will store only path of the attachment document. How is this possible.   Kind regards, Falguni...
I have a user asking about the recommended DPI settings for PNG files for printing.  the png is loaded into a datawindow using either the bitmap() function in a compute or the display as picture on a column.  The datawindow is then printed to a laser...
PB2019R3PostgreSQL v12 database Summary:   Ensure that the database properties are defined correctly for the PostgreSQL database in the DB Painter.    If those properties are not defined correctly, the PB2019R3 IDE automatically creates the PB Catal...
In PB 2017 we have an SQL statement that can potentially retrieve too many rows to be manageable.   We would like to limit the retrieve to a specified number of rows and use the SQL START AT syntax to say where to start based on the order by The da...
Hello, We're experiencing an odd issue with computed expressions, specifically the following. Why does this expression equate to 1: IF(NOT (1=1) AND (1 = 2), 1, 0) While this expression correctly equates to 0: IF( (1 = 2) AND NOT (1=1), 1, 0) I...
Hi,  I am using Power Builder 2017 R3 Build 1880, I have added a Edit column on FreeForm datawindow and entered multiple lines using EnterKey for next line, Same data has been stored in SQL table - Varchar column, when i retrieve the same data and...
Hi all, I'm on PB2019 R3 2703, and using the new webbrowser control. Some events are missing from this control clicked losefocus Also, the Navigate function does not return an error if the url is incorrect. Always returns 1. Any ideas? TIA...
How to send from PB application a custom trusted certificate filename (when connecting to Test or Dev environments) in order to Override the default trusted certificate. ( PB 2017 R3, connects via open client)...
I'm looking for an "easy" way for PowerBuilder to perform a secure file copy from the local client computer to a server  folder (and copy from server to local computer), by providing a user/password, certificate, etc. that will be recognized by the s...

There are no discussions available here currently