Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I've created a C# DLL which encodes and decodes QR images. You can save as .bmp, .gif, .png, and .jpg. The problem I'm having is that only files with a .PNG extension show correctly on the picture control. If for example I have saved as BMP, I c...
Hi,           Currently we are using powerbuilder 2019 r2 version and that license got expired now. While renewing license we couldnt see any version details. Is the license is based on version?             Also r2 version exe is not available in...
We are testing deployment of our application with Powerclient.  One issue we have yet is being able to run the application via a windows shortcut (or windows scheduled task) using parameters.  In the past, this would have been our start line: c:\pr...
Hello, Powerbuilder 2019 R3, Postgresql 11 I want to trigger a function in Powerbuilder (to print, actually) whenever there is an insert of data in a particular table with a particular value in a field.  Is it possible ? In Detail: Billing data w...
Hi  is there a way that I can intercept the SQL executed on the PowerServer side. We have some temporary tables with connection specific information that can't be used when working with a connection pool. So my idea is that each client provides som...
I am trying to create an installation to deploy my PB 2019 application to client machines. I have done this with every version of PB since probably PB8 but I cannot get my PB 2019 app to work with the PB 2019 msi or msm files. The app works fine if ...
Hi,   We are migrating our Oracle Database from "Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0" to "Oracle Database 19c EE Extreme Perf Release 19.0.0.0.0".   To make sure our PB supports cloud DB we are planning to migrate PB from PB...
We did converse on the  legacy PB application with version 7 to version 2019. Everything is OK. The application can run on my VDI (Windows 10), no problem but when I deploy it to user's VDI machine (Windows 10 installed) . The user got the error mess...
I am running PB 2019 R3 on a Windows 10 OS.  Until yesterday things seemed fine.  Seemingly, out of nowhere, yesterday I could no long run my application from the IDE.  After clicking on the Run item the IDE/application seemed to hang until I killed ...
Previously my client had PB 12.1 upgraded to 12.6 installed on a client server.  Client has now switched servers and I need to help them get PB 12.6 on the new server and activate license successfully.  License is not working\activating for the new r...
Hello to all PowerBuilder guru's here I am here again with one more weird PowerBuilder issue as I always do :-) I have an application on PowerBuilder 11.X which connects to a DB2 DSN (say DB2TEST) without any issues I migrated this app to PB 2019 ...
Hi Guru   I use powerbuilder 2019 connect to 2008 sql server using db ole connections   i run my program, it shows "microsoft ole db provider for sql server object was open" during do some insertion statement   Would you have any suggestion   ...
I was wondering if there is anyway to set font name and size dynamically?...
hello communityI need to export / convert a datawindow in word format. In legacy software they generate sales orders with a datawindow (this contains images, text, labels, fiels, etc.). Has anyone already 'walked' similar roads? I would like to av...
Hi friends, I defined a global external function in my application.  Now, I'm creating a new application using most of the same libraries.  The Global Variables all carry over fine, but I'm having to re-create the Global External Function in every n...
Hi everyone! On my system, I have many reports where I use datetime fields inside datawindows. I have a functionality by which I export the data. For this I use the SaveAs () method, with the CSV! and Clipboard! The problem is that when opening t...
Hello All - One of the requirements from my client is that he needs to restrict certain fields in a datawindow from being altered manually. He wants to have them populated using a scanner and disallow manual entry So, I did something like this in a...
Hi, We using tooltips in our datawindows, but for translation, we need to set them with modify. When run as desktop application, this works perfect, but deployed to the powerserver, no tooltip is showed. With describe, I see the properties are set, ...
Most chromium based utilities still allow you to pull up the DevTools (typically the F12 key). I am attempting to embed the Microsoft Monaco Editor into a WebBrowser object but I'm not having any luck and was hoping the DevTools console would give so...
My object browser recently crashed in the PowerBuidler IDE (2019 R3, build 2703). I don't remember the error message. The entire IDE locked up. I had to force it to close. Since then, whenever I try to open the object browser, nothing happens. The ID...

There are no discussions available here currently