Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I have successfully implemented POST method in WebAPI using SnapDevelop.  How do i handle the response and store into database? Like 'save Okay', 'Save failed', 'error message is any' etc with unique response id?   Regards....
I have the PDF's for the following PFC documentation: PFC Library Object Reference, Part 1 (608 pages, dated 2001) PFC Library Object Reference, Part 2 (908 pages, dated 2001) PFC Library User's Guide (310 pages, dated 2003) These pubs are ad...
Hi  I'm trying to deploy my first application to PowerServer 2021 (old PowerBuilder Classic app), but I've clearly done something wrong or not done something.  When I select 'Build and Deploy PowerServer Project' I just get these messages: Any id...
Hello, It's not about PowerBuilder, it's about Appeon Community Q&A, but there's no such a category. More than a year ago Michael Kramer wrote that he would start an "advice" thread with tips on writing code that is unit-testable. How do I find ...
  hi , it's possible to generate datamatrix in powerbuilder 17/18/19 without an OCX ? thanx...
Hello, I was wondering if anyone happens to have a copy of the latest version of the unit testing framework PBUnit (3.2?). Its page at sourceforge says that it moved to Sybase's CodeXchange, which is dead, and I'm pretty much sure the version availa...
  buenas noches a todos.   tengo un problema con el siguiente script.. al exportar a excel.. la hoja queda protegida para modo edición.. alguien me puede ayudar a solucionar este inconveniente.   Integer li_ret, li_currow,li_fhString ls_named,ls...
Hai Appeon team, I have a DLL to access the document reader. While I am importing the DLL, getting errors. What is the reason?   ...
Hi, Good day! Kindly help me how to rotate the Picture control  or image in powerbuilder. Is there any way to rotate datawindow control or image control in powerbuiler. Thanks  Regards Rajkumar K S  ...
I have been using PowerBuilder R3 Build 2703 (19.2.0.2703) and deploying an application to PowerServer (PB Edition) 2020 Build 2703.00 (64 bit). I have tested my 64 bit Oracle and 32 bit Oracle connections from the PB front ends, and the PowerServer ...
Hi, I've created a C# DLL which encodes and decodes QR images. You can save as .bmp, .gif, .png, and .jpg. The problem I'm having is that only files with a .PNG extension show correctly on the picture control. If for example I have saved as BMP, I c...
Hi,           Currently we are using powerbuilder 2019 r2 version and that license got expired now. While renewing license we couldnt see any version details. Is the license is based on version?             Also r2 version exe is not available in...
We are testing deployment of our application with Powerclient.  One issue we have yet is being able to run the application via a windows shortcut (or windows scheduled task) using parameters.  In the past, this would have been our start line: c:\pr...
Hello, Powerbuilder 2019 R3, Postgresql 11 I want to trigger a function in Powerbuilder (to print, actually) whenever there is an insert of data in a particular table with a particular value in a field.  Is it possible ? In Detail: Billing data w...
Hi  is there a way that I can intercept the SQL executed on the PowerServer side. We have some temporary tables with connection specific information that can't be used when working with a connection pool. So my idea is that each client provides som...
I am trying to create an installation to deploy my PB 2019 application to client machines. I have done this with every version of PB since probably PB8 but I cannot get my PB 2019 app to work with the PB 2019 msi or msm files. The app works fine if ...
Hi,   We are migrating our Oracle Database from "Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0" to "Oracle Database 19c EE Extreme Perf Release 19.0.0.0.0".   To make sure our PB supports cloud DB we are planning to migrate PB from PB...
We did converse on the  legacy PB application with version 7 to version 2019. Everything is OK. The application can run on my VDI (Windows 10), no problem but when I deploy it to user's VDI machine (Windows 10 installed) . The user got the error mess...
I am running PB 2019 R3 on a Windows 10 OS.  Until yesterday things seemed fine.  Seemingly, out of nowhere, yesterday I could no long run my application from the IDE.  After clicking on the Run item the IDE/application seemed to hang until I killed ...
Previously my client had PB 12.1 upgraded to 12.6 installed on a client server.  Client has now switched servers and I need to help them get PB 12.6 on the new server and activate license successfully.  License is not working\activating for the new r...

There are no discussions available here currently