Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
tab control setting color "I normally set the background of each tab to a different colour and set the tab part the same colour."  I saw that this issue was revealed by Andrew Davis at August 2018 I am currently running 2019 R2. Is this issue sti...
Getting the following message and i figure i need to encrypt the password in the Server.JSON file for ProxyOptions.  but don't know of this encryption tool Title: PowerServer failed to start. Abnormal network connection Message: Failed to connect t...
TIP: In case someone didn't know yet, I just read in a comment made by Armeen that the replays are already available: https://www.appeon.com/conference/elevate-2021/session-catalog.html regards....
Bruce, I saw that you had a session recently about connecting PowerServer to AWS.  Unfortunately I missed it, but I was wondering how one might connect PowerBuilder to an AWS database (e.g. MariaDB).  I attempted to connect recently and was unable t...
Hello Everybody.   I want to know if somebody has an expirience with Deploy a PowerServer project in Oracle Cloud Infraestructure (OCI). I need the steps about how to do it, if someone has a help or a link when i can use, it would be great. A rea...
Hi All, I have a Stored procedure in SQL Server 2019 which is using TRY CATCH for error handling instead of "RAISERROR" but this is not throwing a response back when SP is called from PowerBuilder using "Stored Procedure Update" functionality.  If ...
convert Hexdecimal string to base64 without using blob variable ?...
Hello. Been a PowerBuilder programmer since the 90's. We have an inventory management app that's been running on Windows. Customers love it but the need to go mobile is arising. The most common ask is can it run on an Android device. I know there's n...
Hi All, I would like to get advise on below coding which done previous developer, what does the message.returnValue = 1 actually do here ? Does it have anything to do with system event ? FYI the coding reside inside the window object custom event, ...
Hi Team, My company is using BitBucket Code repository with Power Builder 2017 R2 version. I can commit the code from Power Builder 2017R2 but when I am going to push the changes it is throwing below error: Git client is finding files. Please wait...
Hello everyone!   I am using PB 2021 and ASA 17   I need to do validation of  VAT number from Vies database in my PB application before I can create sales invoice to customers, which all around EU.  Do any of you have solution for this?  Do you...
We are upgrade PowerServer 2017 to PowerServer 2020 on new servers. The servers are Microsoft Windows Server 2019 and using IIS 10. There are one web server with Appeon Cluster Manager and 3 Appeon servers with PowerServer 2020. We deploy the applic...
Let's say I am a small software house. I have an old client-server application that I want to modernise. I think turning it into a web-based application makes sense because then my years of carefully built business logic can be called by anyone. I b...
Dear Appeon Team,   How to resize response window. According to parent window. Please help me for this find this solution. ...
Hey Community! My name is Austin and I am an IT Tech here at Ridgecrest Regional Hospital. I had recently updated a computer from win 7 to win10 with infomaker installed on it. I was able to get infomaker installed on the win 10 computer and see the...
Hello, I don't succeed in starting Powerserver on a remote server. According to the error message, Powerserver cannot connect to the license server. I set the proxy server with netsh winhttp and also in the Windows Network & Internet settings. ...
Hi all, I'm pretty frustrated, I do not know if i can describe my problem properly, but I will try to. I wanted to use DataStore as instance variable on my window. If I tried that and run application from PB everything woked smoothly. But as soon...
In my current client app I am using the Display as Picture to display a roster of a list of people including their photo.  As I am starting to see a need for moving to a PowerServer endpoint I am wondering if there is a good way to display these type...
I'm using PB2019 R3 Build 2703. The TX Text Control ActiveX 28.0 control appears to have an issue saving document margin info.  You can set the margins on the control in powerscript, and they will appear properly while the document is open, but when...
I am trying to setup PowerServer on my local machine and have come across an error that I can't find any information about.  When trying to connect to Oracle or SQL Server the same box comes up.  "No data provider of database type 'Oracle' is found, ...

There are no discussions available here currently