Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all, what are best practices for comlex ui behaviors? What I mean by that. If you have form whith datawindow control and some buttons on that form (or some other ui elements). And you need to, enable/disable some columns in datawindow same as U...
Hello. How can i open(like a folder ) zip file in PowerBuilder, like i do it in 7z for example ...
Hi All, I would like to get advise on how to deploy PowerBuilder .net web service to local IIS server using non administrator account ? Is there any special permission need to be granted to non admin account ? Thanks in advance!   (Error when dep...
Hello, I am using PBAutoBuild210 but have following error when trying to pull the code from GIT before build it. 14:53:53 [Normal] Start processing download source code segment.14:53:53 [Normal] Start downloading the source code.14:53:53 [Normal] E...
Hi, I have a DW composite with  2 DW (dw_1, dw_2 ) I need get the data (strig) of dw_2, when make double clicked , this dw (dw_2) have 5 column and 1 or more row's, how can get this string of determinate column and row   thanks   Luis    ...
Hi: I just migrated to PB 2019 R3 2703, and need to remove an old rte object that saves documents as .html.  I've changed the application object to the  Built-in Tx Text Control ActiveX 28.0 as the documentation says.  When I do an Insert Object and...
Hi: I've just migrated to PB 2019 R3 2703 and need to remove an obsolete rich text edit object and replace with the new TX Text Control feature.  I've changed my application object to point to the Built In TX Text Control Active X 28.0 per the docum...
Hello,  We have a client app we built with PB2019R3 build 2703 and used SnapDevelop to build an API so that we can have a cloud app where the PB client runs on the users' local machine but the database and all data-access will be on Azure in the clo...
Hi, Appeon Team When I launched the titled Appeon Workspace on my tablet device (Android 6.0.1), I got a white screen. My tablet device is a 64-bit Android, but in general, 32-bit applications are supposed to work as well. Also, the 64-bit version...
Dear Appeon, we missed some objects corresponding to particular pbl file. i have that pbd. please advice how to view that script??   Thanks Backya...
Hi.   I've created a datawindow and using RestClient.retrieve(dw,URL) to fetch data from our API. Works great. However, there is a small issue regarding datetime and strings. This is the string in the JSON responsebody containing the datetime: "m...
We have a 24/7 PB2019R2 app that pulls records off a queue table, saves some data in a PowerSoft Report format (<filename>.PSR), then calls this code to email the PSR file as an attachment. Problem is at one client, the call to log off the mail...
We just had a couple users run a malwarebytes scan and the uninstall.exe of the installable cloud app is showing as a possible threat.   we are just worried that some of our user base will run into this same issue.  has anyone else had this and is th...
Hi, having an issue with a MultiLineEdit control losing/ignoring formatting, sometimes. This has been happening for years using many versions of PB, so it is not PB-version related; customer has just called me on it, so would like to find a solution ...
In the following code, The line: "var eof = exe.StdOut.AtEndOfStream;" hangs, and the PB program does not exit.   Please create file b.wsf with the following content, and run it by:  cscript  b.wsf // As a result, the line: "var eof = exe.StdOut.A...
Hello, I am using Powerbuilder 2019R3 with Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.0.3 versiob as backend.  I have recently migrated the source code from Powerbuilder 12.5 to Powerbuidler 2019R3. After migration, for the login user after the password has expi...
When I retrieve a string into a datawindow attribute, powerbuilder is padding the string (with spaces) to the limit number of characters. The effect is that the user cannot insert into the string without first deleting the characters at the end. I ...
Hi, I am just after some advice - what SQL query builder would you all recommend , that works with SQL Anywhere 16 ? regards Andrew  ...
Are there any samples or guidance for securing a ASP.NET Core 3.1 Web API as templated by SnapDevelop?   For example, I am working from the following fine sample: ASP.NET Core 3.1 - Simple API for Authentication, Registration and User Management | ...
I am in the process of adding our Powerbuilder code (2019 R3) to Git. I am following the instructions in the documentation (Add a workspace to Git). We are using Zscaler as our proxy server. I followed the instructions in the documentation for using ...

There are no discussions available here currently