Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I'm trying to connect a PowerBuilder 2021 (Build 1509) program to Oracle 19c (upgraded from Oracle 10g.) Using Oracle SQL Developer, I can connect to the new servers. However, in PowerBuilder, I get this error: Any solutions? Note: I don't want ...
Hi all, I need to loop through a few records and if all conditions are met, run a program.  This works fine for one record.  The program I'm running requires user interaction.  Is there a way to wait for the other program to close before moving to t...
I have an OLE control with a picture.  I want to print the control with ole...PrintIMage When I do it defaults to the current printer NOT the printer I changed it to in PowerBuilder using: PrintSetPrinter. How can I use the printer it was set to u...
I attached a PB workspace to my SnapDevelop solution and used a datawindow to convert to data model. Later I scaffolded it to service and controller but they have only the RetrieveAsync method. How do I get the other Post, Put, Delete methods to scaf...
Me again, In my window with a parent DW that has 3 DDDW fields, if I select something from the one of the DDDW's, it appears that the dw update status is changed to Modified! The DW is set to not updateable. When I close the window, I get a message ...
Hello,  We're trying to use the Visual Expert to scan our powerbuilder code but our application is too big for VE. Is there any other powerbuilder security code scan?...
Hi All Just an idea for Appeon (if it does not exist already). Why cant we have a wizard (automated process) like the old WebSerivce Wizard in PB 12 that could automatically convert a NVO to a WebService, created proxies, deployed to IIS and expose...
Hello, can you help me please ? I have issue, when i use session.emailsend with previous Open session and logonstatement from IDE, it send with Outlook SMTP, but when i complied the same code -Deployed, it does not send, it stack, what can that be ...
Buenas tardes a todos.. quisiera saber si alguien tiene un ejemplo de como abrir una ventana cuando ubico el cursor sobre un campo de un datawindow. Att Carlos...
To authenticate using JWT i need to connect to a user database to get the username/password .  This conneciton information is already stored by powerserver in the new PS2022 tables, and PS already knows how to connect to those databases since it hand...
Hi, Sorry for asking again: Is there any ETA for 2022? The last time I asked, I think it was estimated at the end of August or early September. I know a company that wants to start migration to PB2021 soon and I'm wondering if it might be worth to ...
Does anyone know what the Other Options and Security Options values are for database connections in powerserver 2022? APIs for managing cache and cache group - - PowerServer 2022 Help (appeon.com) "otherOptions": "string", "securityOptions": "strin...
PB2019R2, b2703Windows 10 64 bit platformClient/Server applicationNo frameworkSmall, single PBL utilityWe have determined empirically that in our environment, listed above, the max size of a dw_output before it either locks up, or locks up then abend...
Hi Team, We are in the process of migrating our applications from 'Powerbuilder 2019 R2' (Appeon Powerbuilder, version-2019 R2 Build 2328) to 'Appeon Powerbuilder 2021' (IDE : Version 2021 build 1509). We are using PB Ultimate Suite from NOVALYS (h...
Hi friends, There are a few places in my App that let as user "attach" a PDF to a specific record.  The app creates a directory for the pdf if a matching directory doesn't already exist.  Then it copies the selected file and writes a record to the D...
Hi all, I've got a datawindow with 3 DropDownDW's.  I can't retrieve the drop-downs until after the parent dw is retrieved.  The Auto Retrieve is checked OFF on all three .  In the parent DW's RetrieveEnd event I've got the following code: ll_TmdeI...
I am receiving the attached error when upgrading from PB 2019R3 Build 2728 to Build2779. Any suggestions?...
Hi all, From another post, I learned that the iNet object is now obsolete.  How do I open a file in a web-browser using HttpClient object? Is the even possible, or do I need to use the WebBrowser object? I don't need to do it now, but would like to...
Hello,   How I can use a web browser control to open a PDF File?   And how I can know where de PDF file is open.   thank you so much in advanced....
Error# 10014 Error description: The system detected an invalid pointer address in attempting to use a pointer argument in a call. Reason: This error occurs if an application passes an invalid pointer value, or if the length of the buffer is too sma...

There are no discussions available here currently