Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, Are there any libraries available in PowerBuilder/PowerClient to restrict specific passwords like Names/Surnames/company id’s/ dictionary words/guessable words from being used in used? Thanks....
Hi all, Just curious how everyone is incorporating Help Topic in their app.  About 20 years ago, we used RoboHelp, but I haven't maintained it since then... and don't even know where the Help file we created is.   Embarrassing.  Creating and maintai...
I am looking for the pbtrace  log location. I turn pbtrace ON and a dialog box title:  Database Trace Output will be written to:  c:\dawn logs\mytrace.log Configuration OptionsLog File Name:  c:\dawn logs\mytrace.log  I change name to:    c:\dawn l...
I have an application were I use PFC Resizing Service in every window, dw and any object. Everything is working perfect. When User make any window bigger or smaller all columns resize accordingly as position and percentages declared in the construct...
Can anyone assist me with the code to capture executed datawindow SQL into a string variable using sqlspy? My intention is to save the captured code in an audit table to record database changes effected by Users. I'm using PowerBuilder ver 2019R3...
Hi   I upgraded pb10 to pb2019 r3 , I did posting database as below message. so i downloaded mssoledbsql driver and installed it. if program called by powerbuilder IDE. it is ok. but when I deployed it as execute file. it still occured below error ...
Hi, we have to implement a third party webpage inside our powerbuilder application and we're using the webbrowser control for it.  When opening the page with an external browser the webpage is in german language. If we open the same url inside the ...
Hello,    i am trying to consume a WCF service and i am getting status code 400(Bad Request)  in httpclient response. can anyone guide me what is wrong in consuming / calling the service ? i want to call "GetCMSWorkQueue"method of service wkfqueue...
Hello,   How I can open a PDF document with a Web Browser  Control? I tried, but  I onlu opem a white square, when I open a Response Window with Web Browser.   Kind Regards and thank you in advanced...
Hello, Using PB 2019 R3 - Theme Would like to have different colors for command button in a window.  In a window we have around 15 command buttons.  Would like to differentiate all command buttons with different colors.  Only way is to use Theme. ...
Folks, I have a PowerBuilder application that was converted from SAP 12.5 to Appeon 2019 R3 using an Oracle database. We have recently migrated the Oracle database from 12c to 19c. We have a Citrix server the application runs on that has numerous ve...
Hi! I have a client with an ancient ERP system built with PowerBuilder Enterprise 8.03 that needs some modifications to hold them over until they are ready to finally upgrade their system.  I would like to help them, but I simply cannot find a versi...
I am trying to parse the return JSON statement from an online credit card company.  The result Json I get back is the following (please note this is from their sandbox using their sample data). { "transactionResponse": { "responseCode": "1", "authCo...
Me again! I have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of my app.  The app includes the ability to email documents.  But, if the customer is running the 32-bit version, and the Outlook version they have installed is 64-bit, they  get an error.  And visa-versa....
Hello, I installed PB 2019 R3, but when I go to the Database Profiles Window, MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server is not listed. I tried rerunning the installer, but there was nothing new to install. I've installed the Microsoft OLE DB Driver 18.5 for SQL Ser...
Hi, Good day! While designing a datawindow manually we can select multiple columns by using the mouse drag selection and within that drag position if there any columns available then those columns will be selected and we can move/adjust the height ...
When I am convert the datawindow to sanp develop. coming this error. ...
Powerserver 2022 (i assume PS 2021 has the same problem?) "If an installable cloud application is closed by the halt {CLOSE} method, the session occupied by an installable cloud app cannot be released properly. You will have to restart PowerServer t...
Buenos días amigos de la comunidad. Quería hacerles una pregunta si alguno ha utilizado el Ultimate Suite PowerBuilder, que ayuda a mejorar la parte visual de las aplicaciones. Mi pregunta es que si sería buena idea comprar esas librerías y si de ve...
Dear all, As the project is move to use PB 2021 and deploy with the pbautobuild210.exe, including the step of the PB ORCA import source code (merging property on the JSON) The project work with TFS as source control On test application, all work w...

There are no discussions available here currently