1. Yulian Tynianov
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 22 August 2022 15:29 PM UTC
Hello, can you help me please ? I have issue, when i use session.emailsend  
with previous Open session and logon

statement from IDE, it send with Outlook SMTP, but when i complied the same code -Deployed,
it does not send, it stack, what can that be ? Thanks a lot Yulian
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 22 August 2022 17:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

SMTP goes directly to the mail server so Outlook doesn't even have to be installed. Perhaps the poster is using the built in MAPI Email feature and accidentally typed SMTP.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 22 August 2022 16:52 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Yulian;

It could also be that the Outlook client software on the deployment machine is different than the one on your development machine. That also goes for the bitness. If the deployment machines have a 64 bit Outlook client installed, you'll need to deploy your PB App as a 64bit EXE as well (and vice versa).

Also, if you've made changes to your PB.ini file to change your MAPI behaviour, you'll also have to make sure that you deploy a custom PB.ini with the same settings with your PB App's exe.

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 22 August 2022 15:56 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

If it's deployed on a different PC, you'll probably have to open up port 25 or whichever port is configured for your smtp email.

Also be aware that some Anti virus programs like McAffee can block port 25. (some years ago that option was disguised in their "Protect against worms" option. You'd have to add you pb exe to the exception list).

regards,

MiguelL

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.