Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Some toolbar icons in exe made by pb17 appear not properly in customers Windows 8 Server - see attachment. These icons were made in the same way like others which appear correctly.   I'm also interested if ribbon (office) toolbar is planned soon?...
Hallo , I would like to purchase PowerBuilder Appeon. I have some doubts and clarification as follows :- 1. What is the purchase cost for the license ?. 2. It is yearly subscription mode right ? 3. If we didn't renewed the license, what will happ...
Hi all,   I'm installing PB 2019 and need to install PowerServer to my local PC (Windows 10).  I'm getting the message IIS is not installed.  You will not be able to install the PowerServer   PowerServer says available to install but the box is ...
I was working with the Create Web API tutorial and tried to add another call for another table other than Departments.  I created a Controller for Persons and all subsequent items, which would take the RetrieveOne for an int on the AdventureWorks2017...
Hi, I was considering attending the Appeon Elevate conference this year, there's a lot of interesting sessions I'd like to be able to see: https://www.appeon.com/conference/elevate-2019/session.html  There's so many that I'm concerned, even if I at...
Hi all, We are evaluating the efforts to migrate PB NVOs from an EAS web app to REST API using Snap Develop and PB 2019. We already migrated few methods using the IDataStore object. However we noticed that several methods were missing from the orig...
Source control in PB2017 and 2019 was improved to no longer export all objects into a common folder. It now creates a subfolder for each PBL and extracts it's source there. This avoids the problem of having objects with the same name in multiple PBLs...
The implementation of Git in 2017 and 2019 is very minimal so you end up doing a lot of stuff outside of the IDE. Mainly creating, switching and merging branches. Anytime you do something outside the IDE you have to remember to do a refresh (to be sa...
Hello PB users,   It takes a very very long time to open (+read/save) a workspace on a mapped network drive. I think it's a network issue but as Powerbuilder environment is the only one to have this problem for now on my laptop, I don't know what t...
I had an earlier post about creating a PDF Portfolio, but have come full circle with the scope of the project and realize I am struggling with determining a good starting place and method for some basic PDF manipulation with PowerBuilder.   I am loo...
Dear Appeon:              thanks your support always, we found a database connection issue, it is a dynamic call the begin tran in the application, when transaction autocommit set to true, it is run normally in the OLE DB, but fail in the SNC conne...
Hi, Due to a MySQL bug regarding auto increment columns, I am investigating upgrading from MySQL 5.7 to 8.0 where the bug has been fixed. I have successfully upgraded the database but as I have table names and columns that are now reserved words I h...
Buenos dias.  Tengo desarrollada una aplicaciones en power builder ver 11.5, hay forma de ejecutarla en una Mac ?  en entorno windows se ejecuta perfectamente pero al querer ejecutarla en una Mac dice que tiene que ser una aplicacion para ese entor...
can i print to spesific printer on my server from mobile ?? or how can i print to printer installed on my android device  i wrote that printsetprinter not supported on mobile application ...
My pb IDE: pb11 i call a webservice and it works well for serveral months. but it showed error last month, "HTTP 417".  i asked the server side, they told me to add this sentence before I call the webservice: "System.Net.ServicePointManager.Expect10...
Hi I'm trying to create a Richtext DW with a Header and a Footer. However, both Header and Footer always have a margin of about 1.5 cm to the top and bottom of the page, no matter how low I set the top and bottom margins in the print specifications...
 How to integrate kerberos authentication with Application deployed on PowerServer ?  ...
Hello, we use powerbuilder 2017 for our application (client / server - 32bits) we find software for supervise/monitor this application (response time or accessibility). But any company can help us. Do you know a software for this? other question...
I have a process where data is exported from a datawindow and then another app with the same datawindow imports the data. There are two apps communicating with each other over the network. Using ExportJson & ImportJson methods in PB 2017 or 2019 thi...
It appears that when using the String() function to convert a Real to string, extra digits are added. I am seeing the same issue in the debugger. I set a Real to: 2.5E38 Then I convert to String: 2.500000072189495E+38 I passed the Real to a dll ...

There are no discussions available here currently